Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
CAS The Artwork and Prose Poems
Posted by: BeneathTheEarth (IP Logged)
Date: 2 November, 2011 06:46AM
I recently order Maurice Level's Tales of the Grand Guignol from Centipede Press and I received a catalog that has listed Clark Ashton Smith: The Artwork and Prose Poems as an upcoming release. The only information it gives states that it is edited by Scott Connors and features "an extensive gallery of Clark Ashton Smith artwork." No price or release date are given. If this information has previously been posted I apologize for the redundancy.

Re: CAS The Artwork and Prose Poems
Posted by: The English Assassin (IP Logged)
Date: 2 November, 2011 10:58AM
If I remember, this youtube vid: [www.youtube.com] has something to say about it, plus the prospective Penguin collection and complete poetry reprint gets a mention...

Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2012 03:27PM
Scott said the following in the "Emperor of Dreams" group on FB the other day:

Quote:
Scott
I am doing work on a book for Centipede Press that will include: a large number of color plates of the artwork; the prose poems; the essays and published letters; and a selection of memoirs and appreciations by others.

Posted by: jdworth (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2012 10:47PM
I would love to get my hands on that when it comes out. I have a small selection of things featuring his artwork, but would dearly love to have a high-quality reproduction of them, giving a better idea of his use of color, shading, etc. Though I am not all that taken with his crayon works, or some of the sketches, other things do appeal quite a bit; and his sculptures have always fascinated me....

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 12:16AM
jdworth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would love to get my hands on that when it comes
> out. I have a small selection of things featuring
> his artwork, but would dearly love to have a
> high-quality reproduction of them, giving a better
> idea of his use of color, shading, etc. Though I
> am not all that taken with his crayon works, or
> some of the sketches, other things do appeal quite
> a bit; and his sculptures have always fascinated
> me....

We have some absolutely astounding reproductions of Smith's artwork, all in color. We're looking for more. If anyone on this board owns a piece of artwork by Smith that they think should be in this question, please contact me. We can help you out if it's framed, and you'll get a comp copy and a credit, if you want one (some people don't).

Scott

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page