Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Collected Fantasies on Ebook
Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 24 November, 2011 11:59PM
Night Shade Books has released the five volumes of The Collected Fantasies of Clark Ashton Smith in eBook format through Baen Books' Webscriptions store. All five are bundled together for $25, or you can purchase individual volumes for $6. They are available in a variety of formats. See [www.webscription.net].

Scott

Re: Collected Fantasies on Ebook
Posted by: A. R. E. Susin (IP Logged)
Date: 26 November, 2011 04:46PM
YES

Posted by: Geoffrey (IP Logged)
Date: 27 November, 2011 02:58PM
That looks promising! I'm considering buying it for my Kindle.

Has anyone purchased this collection? Is it formatted well?

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 27 November, 2011 10:00PM
It's being offered through Baen webscriptions (they handle ebooks for Tor, Subterranean Press and Night Shade Books). You have your choice of formats. You can check out the HTML format at [www.webscription.net].

Posted by: Avoosl Wuthoqquan (IP Logged)
Date: 3 December, 2011 07:44AM
I jumped at the opportunity to be able to carry these books with me on long train journeys and bought the collection straight away. I got them in both HTML and EPUB format and the HTML files seem very well formatted. As far as I can tell, no typos have been introduced that were not in the printed books (though none of them seem to have been corrected either). I did spot a few formatting errors in the notes section of one of the EPUB files, but nothing serious enough to impair my reading pleasure. In fact, my e-book reader offers a more comfortable reading experience than NSB's physical books, which I find a bit unwieldy and which are marred by some very ugly, rather amateurish typesetting (although I do like the covers -- which are reproduced in the e-book versions). Also, I can now read CAS while eating without worrying about the books getting dirty, and that irreplaceable first volume can stay safely on the shelf. Lastly, for those who care about such things, these books are not burdened with any DRM nonsense. Kudos to Baen for that. All in all a great bargain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page