Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
CAS: Prose Poems, Essays, Artwork (Centipede Press)
Posted by: Absquatch (IP Logged)
Date: 26 November, 2011 12:41PM
As with the Tales of India and Irony/Miscellaneous Writings of... volume, I am creating a "sticky" of sorts for future information about the publication of the forthcoming Centipede volume of prose poems, etc., if anyone wants to use it as such.

Re: CAS: Prose Poems, Essays, Artwork (Centipede Press)
Posted by: Arcanum (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2013 01:24PM
What about this edition? Where is any news about it? Im regulary watching the Centipede site but i dont see any information or anounces about this project. Who nows its still actual?
Im a big fan of CAS from Russia, i love his prose poems especially and im strongly want to buy this volume.

Posted by: wilum pugmire (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2013 10:49PM
Scott Connors speaks of the book at length in my YouTube video, "SCOTT CONNORS AND CHARLES SCHNEIDER," in which Scott and S. T. Joshi discuss various forthcoming projects.

"I'm a little girl."
--H. P. Lovecraft, Esq.

Posted by: shivapashupati (IP Logged)
Date: 26 June, 2013 05:14PM
...Definitely a complete prose poems collection of our dear Klarkash-Ton would be most welcome...

Even his "The Muse of Atlantis" seems only published in Ballantine's "Hyperborea"...

Can we look forward to this or is the project in editing/publishing limbo?

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 26 June, 2013 07:47PM
I'm working on it as fast as I can. My new job is taking up much more time than my previous one, so I don't have as much time at night to work on it. Prose poems are done. I need two published letters, from SCIENCE FICTION DIGEST and GOLDEN ATOM. I am annotating the letters and the essays. We're trying to convince a few major collectors into letting us have access to their artwork. Prose poems are done. Still need to scan and proof a few more memoirs.
Scott

Posted by: jdworth (IP Logged)
Date: 26 June, 2013 11:46PM
For my part, Scott, I'd rather have it take longer and be done with all the care and love afforded by a longer timespan, than for it to be in any way rushed through, even to please those of us who dearly want to have it on our shelves....

Posted by: phillipAellis (IP Logged)
Date: 27 June, 2013 12:48AM
I hope that it works out well.

Phillip

Posted by: jimrockhill2001 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 June, 2013 08:20AM
I am very happy to see Penguin releasing a book of Smith's work - I do not anticipate that those of us who have read anything by or about Smith we could get our hands on for so many decades will see much that is new or derive many insights from the book, but it is clearest indication that Smith is finally emerging not only from the pulp ghetto, but also from Lovecraft's shadow.

The Centipede collection, however, is a book I anticipate with close to delirious joy. Nonetheless, I too would rather see it done to Scott's satisfaction than rushed. Decades of dreams that a volume like this might some day see print is being curbed by the rational side of me, which realizes new discoveries are always being made, sources dry up or form new channels, book design programs that offer such great opportunities for innovation also tend to introduce glitches that need to be carefully scrutinized and corrected, etc.

I cannot wait, but I must: better the delayed perfect product than the failed opportunity compromised by time constraints.

Date: 27 June, 2013 08:30AM
Our most sincere thanks and appreciation, Scott, for editing this future reference work of CAS' Poems in Prose. As I remember the typos and errors in the "Nostalgia of the Unknown" edition, I am convinced that all fans, old and new, will cherish a more carefully proofread, a more complete and a better production overall which will most certainly become the ideal reference edition for an untold myriad of future generations.

May our forthcoming collective praise and inspired revelry be conducive to a genuine enjoyment on your part in taking all the time needed, be it aeons or kalpas, to make it as perfect as humanely, and in this case inhumanely, possible!

Posted by: Draugen (IP Logged)
Date: 2 July, 2013 07:08AM
Nostalgia of the Unknown is one of my most treasured little books. The thought of a lavish Centipede produced volume containing the prose poetry is a dream come true. In fact, while I'm dreaming, lavish editions of Zothique, Atlantis stories etc would also be a dream come true. Maybe one day.

Date: 2 July, 2013 11:41AM
Draugen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nostalgia of the Unknown is one of my most treasured little
> books. The thought of a lavish Centipede produced volume
> containing the prose poetry is a dream come true. In fact,
> while I'm dreaming, lavish editions of Zothique, Atlantis
> stories etc would also be a dream come true. Maybe one day.

I agree that this would indeed be wonderful. I used to pester Donald Grant asking him for volumes devoted to Clark Ashton Smith stories like those deluxe volumes he used to publish focusing on the work of A. Merritt and Robert E. Howard. When they announced AVEROIGNE ages ago, I was thrilled, but even that failed to materialize. At least we have had the pleasure of seeing all of the fiction and poetry gathered together, before these too started slipping out of print.

Date: 5 October, 2013 01:33PM
Look what I just saw on Amazon.com :

[www.amazon.ca]

Starting to put some money aside and looking forward for June 10, 2014.

Cheers, Klarkash-Ton lovers!

Date: 5 October, 2013 03:21PM
What a wonderful sight! Donald Sidney-Fryer wrote me recently, and said he thought there might also be another book of essays devoted to CAS. What a wonderful world we live in, from an aesthetic perspective - too bad it also happens to be filled with so much war, terrorism, murder, political rancor, and other manifestations of intolerance.

Posted by: The English Assassin (IP Logged)
Date: 8 October, 2013 08:53AM
shivapashupati Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look what I just saw on Amazon.com :
>
> [www.amazon.ca]
> k-Ashton/dp/1613470584/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&
> qid=1380997615&sr=1-1
>
> Starting to put some money aside and looking
> forward for June 10, 2014.

Yikes!!! I thought it was meant to be affordable.... :/ Well, I've put it on pre-order anyway...

Linky to AmazaonUK's pages for those who need it: [www.amazon.co.uk]

Date: 14 May, 2014 12:46PM
I have pre-ordered the book and June 10, 2014 is inexorably getting closer... And I guess many of us are looking forward to it. But there is still no such indication at the Centipede Press site. Does anyone know anything about this book's ongoing evolution ...and eventual availability?

Goto Page: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page