Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Onan the Vulgarian
Posted by: treycelement (IP Logged)
Date: 1 December, 2011 04:15AM
Absquatch wrote:

Quote:
Since Trey has done me the honor of invading my thread on criticism, albeit with borderline stalker-ish behavior, I'll briefly return the favor. The poor little onanistic frimeur seems so desperate for attention here--especially mine, for some odd reason--that it seems needlessly cruel to deny him.
So...

Reading Trey's posts is a bit like watching a clever trained animal perform--an organ grinder's monkey, say. While one may find its antics initially amusing, one grows quickly bored at its predictable and extremely limited behavioral repertoire, and one moves on with equal celerity to matters better suited to adults.

Dexterward wrote:

Quote:
The only thing "immature" and "pathetic" is coming to a site devoted to CAS, and gratuitously (and repeatedly) telling people that you "despise" them, that they are "CAStrioti", etc. So for you to even suggest that this is merely a matter of intellectual "disagreement," rather misses the point!
But if you don't like the term "troll," I'll be happy to settle on something else [comma needed here, dw. -- o.t.v.] like "vulgar exhibitionist."

Onan the Vulgarian replies:

OK. Still, this semen-summoning simian has an unfair, or at least unearned, advantage in logomachy: it wasn't born in Canada. Plus: the monkey understands Abby's psychology better'n Abby understands the monkey's.

1) "...invading my thread on criticism..."

2) "Feel free to agree, disagree, amplify, correct, or ignore" (invitation extended in aforesaid fred)

I WOULDa said there's a contraction between 1 an' 2... but logic has not sat still since the time of Aristotle and there are actually any number of post-Classical developments that would potentially dispose of the alleged contradiction quite nicely: Russell and Whitehead's Theory of Logical Typing (meta-statements), axiomatic probability theory, fuzzy set theory and possibility theory, dialetheism, fallabilism, paraconsistent logic, and neutrosophy, to name only a few...

Given all that, I won't need to explain to Abby that a) replying to posts doesn't constitute "invasion"; b) claiming it DOES lends more weight (if more were needed) to the diagnosis elsewhere of a persecution complex.

On to DW:

Quote:
The only thing "immature" and "pathetic" is coming to a site devoted to CAS, and gratuitously (and repeatedly) telling people that you "despise" them, that they are "CAStrioti", etc. So for you to even suggest that this is merely a matter of intellectual "disagreement," rather misses the point!

I despise people who despise people. Or rather, I think they're immature and overwrought. If that doesn't explain my gratuitous and repeated tellings above, search the forum to find out who first despised whom. And whose punctuation was slipshod.

“The true independent is he who dwells detached and remote from the little herds as well as from the big herd. Affiliating with no group or cabal of mice or monkeys, he is of course universally suspect.” — The Black Book of Gore Vidal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 1 Dec 11 | 04:16AM by treycelement.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page