Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
What I hope to accomplish with my Barlow project
Posted by: OConnor,CD (IP Logged)
Date: 29 December, 2011 03:52AM
I hope to accomplish many things with this Barlow biography. If Scott Connors doesn't want me doing this I will gladly stop. No hard feelings :).

What I hope to do:

1. Write an indepth background of Barlow's personal life, or something close(Since he is dead we can only get so far).

2. A plethora of Barlow pictures.

3. Photographs of Barlow's works (Binding works (especially his bound copy of The Fantasy Fan, Manuscripts of his stories, (I own the MS. for his story "The Root Gatherers") drawings and anything else).

4. An indepth look at the inside of The Barlow Cabin. Although I think this will never happen because I don't know if anyone lives there. Hey, a guy can dream can't he?

What I plan or hope to do to accomplish this:

1. Get some aid from S.T. Joshi and Scott Connors

2. A person on this board who claimed to be the niece of Barlow's Mother. If I could ever get a hold of her and do an interview via email, I'd be very grateful.

3. In a few days I will contact the Brown University archives and ask for any copies, links, info-anything that will aid me in this future venture. If they can't supply me with what I want, I may have to make a pilgrimage up there myself. I went with my father in 2008 to visit Lovecraft sites and had a marvelous time.
Since I am very young this project won't be done anytime soon. Hopefully, time will be on my side. What is imperative is that I gather any personal info right now. Unfortunately death knocks at our doors with each passing day.

Re: What I hope to accomplish with my Barlow project
Posted by: K_A_Opperman (IP Logged)
Date: 29 December, 2011 02:06PM
Age does not have to be a limiting factor, my friend--I hope to accomplish several impressive feats before I am 30. I believe time is very much on your side--but don't use that as an excuse to hesitate! Yes, gather the info now, and let the project cook for awhile--a brilliant plan.

True, Death is ever looming--but that doesn't mean we have to stand in his shadow. Sing the song of Life loudly enough, and his knocks will be drowned out--and for you, clearly the song of Life involves this Barlow project.

A wise and myserious old man by the name of Donald Sidney-Fryer once intimated to me that in old age, Death is no longer a frightful thing--but we young people have a very hard time believing that, don't we? ;) Glad to hear you call yourself "very young," as I often feel frightfully old--the psychological manifestation of my fear of Death....

Re: What I hope to accomplish with my Barlow project
Posted by: Gill Avila (IP Logged)
Date: 29 December, 2011 05:20PM
Don't worry. Most people spend their entire lives without having a fatal accident. I like what De Camp once said--"Old age comes to those who live long enough."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page