Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
These Boots Are Made for Dworkin...
Posted by: treycelement (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2012 04:51AM
The English Assassin wrote:

> I tried copy/pasting one of his posts in to google
> translate to see what language he was using, but I
> don't think they've cracked gibberish yet...

Ach! When a Miguel de Moorcock fan says something like that, I'm as devastated as I was when an Eminem fan told me he had little -- indeed, no -- liking for the music of Beethoven. Tho' he didna put it in QUITE those words....

Engaging issues around Moorsquatch -- I'm sorry, around Abcock -- I'm sorry, around Britain's Greatest Living Author of Fantastic Fiction -- I wonder what CAS would have made of the onomastic ironies inherent in his friendship with famously and formidably phallophobic feminista Andrea Dworkin? Bottom of the list of things Dworkin would have wanted in the world must surely have been "Moorcock" (as it were), while the etymology of Dworkin's forename reveals the following:

From Ancient Greek Ἀνδρέας (Andreas), cognate with ἀνδρεῖος (andreios, “manly”), both from ἀνήρ (anēr, “man”)...

[en.wiktionary.org]

“The true independent is he who dwells detached and remote from the little herds as well as from the big herd. Affiliating with no group or cabal of mice or monkeys, he is of course universally suspect.” — The Black Book of Gore Vidal.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page