Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
shrove tuesday -
Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 8 February, 2012 04:47PM
For those who do not follow those things - Tuesday the 21st is Mardi Gras (fat Tuesday), Carnival (farewell to meat), and Shrove tuesday - all good reasons to party - our tradition is vast quantities of the finest beer we can afford, a scroll ham, and Beer Pancakes (Krusteaz and Beer - marvelous) - and of course, beads and masks and feathers and disgraceful behavior. Enjoy

Re: shrove tuesday -
Posted by: OConnor,CD (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2012 06:04PM
Dr. Farmer,

Your mention of masks reminded me of The Twilight Zone episode "The Masks". Wonderful episode. What type of wind do you and your family usually purchase. The finest vintage I bet, eh? ;)

Posted by: Gill Avila (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2012 06:07PM
Who needs to purchase wind? Any plate of Brussell's sprouts will allow a person to have their own home windery

Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2012 11:57AM
Gill Avila Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who needs to purchase wind? Any plate of
> Brussell's sprouts will allow a person to have
> their own home windery

come now Gill, don't pick on the kid for a simple typo - though Boston Baked beans do well for that - to answer the question, however, I get regular shipments of Scuppernong wine (that grape that saved the first pioneers at the Jamestown colony) from the Duplin Winery in North Carolina - they have a number of delightful varietals and seasonal wines - other than that, I try to find a good Liebfraumilch or MaiWein (increasingly difficult to get, may have to make my own) - for me, the Germans are better at wine making than the French or The Spanish, or the Californians for that matter, especially since Loomis Burgundy went belly-up (that was really made by Portuguese immigrants to Placer County). However, when push comes to shove, the rule is, "never drink unless you are alone or with someone!"
And, yes private correspondents, the pancakes have no alcohol -

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page