Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
under the knife again
Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2012 10:32PM
Quick note off topic - and I hope I didn't rattle too many cages with the last post - just sitting here feeling a bit snarky- will be having my 45th biopsy/catheterization on my transplanted heart on tuesday - imagine getting carved on Valentine's day! - so far, it's still the only way to determine how things are going since the A-Nodes are cut and I have no feeling related to the heart muscle - so folks, I respect you all and hope you will sacrifice a victim, or offer of incense or whatever pleases your various deities whether benign or indifferent (see Crom), on my behalf - I always have to sign a document releasing them from blame if I go toes up during the procedure, and hope they don't slip - I really relish to fun and often brilliant conversation and repartee' that can be found here - Eldritch Dark 201 should be a required course for today's students.

Re: under the knife again
Posted by: jdworth (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2012 11:12PM
Wishing you the best....

Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2012 01:04PM
Good luck, Dr. Farmer!

Posted by: jelio (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2012 05:50PM
I wish you the best of health and recovery

Posted by: K_A_Opperman (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2012 09:22PM
Recover In Peace, Dr. Farmer

Posted by: treycelement (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2012 05:10AM
calonlan wrote:

> Quick note off topic - and I hope I didn't rattle
> too many cages with the last post - just sitting
> here feeling a bit snarky- will be having my 45th
> biopsy/catheterization on my transplanted heart on
> tuesday - imagine getting carved on Valentine's
> day! - so far, it's still the only way to
> determine how things are going since the A-Nodes
> are cut and I have no feeling related to the heart
> muscle - so folks, I respect you all and hope you
> will sacrifice a victim, or offer of incense or
> whatever pleases your various deities whether
> benign or indifferent (see Crom), on my behalf - I
> always have to sign a document releasing them from
> blame if I go toes up during the procedure, and
> hope they don't slip - I really relish to fun and
> often brilliant conversation and repartee' that
> can be found here - Eldritch Dark 201 should be a
> required course for today's students.

And will be, perhaps, some day. Thank you for being "a rope over an abyss" and linking us with CAS the Superman.

Quote:
Dr Farmer: While there are many books there are few that readers return to again and again. For myself, I re-read Tolkien and Lewis and George MacDonald, T.E. Lawrence, and all of Kazantzakis, Spencer, Milton, Shakespeare — and Smith. Where wisdom and beauty, charm and wit are found, and where I, as I grow in age and experience, also change, certain writers call one back again and again and something new is discovered, and we also find that the well as we originally drank from it, has not become muddied — that is, our first love, in its innocence, is still rewarded. How many adventure stories or films we thrilled to as children, as adults now seem trite and campy and even badly written. Yet a few authors commend themselves to re-reading — long before I discovered the ongoing throng of fans of CAS, I felt called back from time to time to re-read his tales and his poetry — some remains unforgettable. Why read Ashton? He will haunt your reveries forever — and reward your re-visiting every time.

[www.eldritchdark.com]

“The true independent is he who dwells detached and remote from the little herds as well as from the big herd. Affiliating with no group or cabal of mice or monkeys, he is of course universally suspect.” — The Black Book of Gore Vidal.

Posted by: Absquatch (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2012 06:52AM
Yes, best of luck, Dr. F.

By the way, when did Trey suddenly become all warm, fuzzy, and rational, all of a sudden? Did his nurse finally re-start his Thorazine drip?

Posted by: treycelement (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2012 04:46AM
Albsquatch wrote:

> By the way, when did Trey suddenly become all
> warm, fuzzy, and rational, all of a sudden? Did
> his nurse finally re-start his Thorazine drip?

Ach, a "meds" reference... That's a neuro-normativist "bleat to the beat" if ever I saw one! An' parTICularly disappointin' -- not to say unworthy -- in a Nietzschean...

FYI, I've been on 'zine (as we called it in the "special hospital") on two occasions (tops) -- and both times took it entirely under my own steam...

“The true independent is he who dwells detached and remote from the little herds as well as from the big herd. Affiliating with no group or cabal of mice or monkeys, he is of course universally suspect.” — The Black Book of Gore Vidal.

Posted by: cguitar (IP Logged)
Date: 29 April, 2012 09:08PM
Hoping you recover and fully heal soon after, best regards!

Posted by: Absquatch (IP Logged)
Date: 29 April, 2012 09:23PM
Hmm, just now saw the "Last Post". As our now-departed, unlamented organ grinder's pet proves with every chirp and gibber of his own, better to be "Canadian" than "Polish" (cf. Ubu Roi).

Posted by: The English Assassin (IP Logged)
Date: 5 May, 2012 03:06PM
Best wished and a speedy recovery

Date: 6 May, 2012 06:21PM
The English Assassin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Best wished and a speedy recovery

Thanks to you all - best of all the week before the surgery which is the 15th, I will be attending the graduation of my eldest G'daughter, who is taking a BA in Medieval History (guess who gets my set of the Cambridge for graduation), and is going on for her advanced degrees - never dreamed I would live long enough after the heart transplant (15 years) to see this happen - Carpe Diem! et, Non Illegitimis carborundum est!

Posted by: Gill Avila (IP Logged)
Date: 6 May, 2012 06:27PM
As this is the Eldritch Dark, shouldn't that have been "Carpe Noctem?" :-D

Date: 30 May, 2012 04:41PM
calonlan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The English Assassin Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Best wished and a speedy recovery
>
>
> Thanks to you all - best of all the week before
> the surgery which is the 15th, I will be attending
> the graduation of my eldest G'daughter, who is
> taking a BA in Medieval History (guess who gets my
> set of the Cambridge for graduation), and is going
> on for her advanced degrees - never dreamed I
> would live long enough after the heart transplant
> (15 years) to see this happen - Carpe Diem! et,
> Non Illegitimis carborundum est!

It is now two weeks to the day since emerging yet again from Chamber of Horrors - really excellect care, MD did a spectacular piece of work on the knee - small advice from years of experience: NEVER let an MD start an IV! They will usually choose "the intern vein", cause great pain, the site will leak, and your hand and arm will turn black.
The RN's and Phlebotomists who do this all the time are MUCH more competent at the routine stuff - Currently at home, working when I can briefly at the Computer, taking my hydrocodone and Morphine (yumm) - had to deal the last three days with drowning death of a 28 year old friend - difficult -
I thank all of you who performed whatever midnight tributes and incantations on my behalf - I am in fact recovering more rapidly than on previous occasions - total now, 44 heart biopsies with 18 catheterizations, removal of gall-bladder, installation to pelvic floor of bladder stimulator (medtronics is a pretty good stock), two repairs to the transplant incision for hernia repair, one broken wire in upper right chest (acquired post-transplant during over-vigorous re-union with wife), and one steel shoulder replacing the rotater cuff -
I am grateful for having had the foresight to have bought a king-sized adjustable bed some years back - highly recommend - lift-chair also very handy - all the appurtenances of sloth really useful - So friends, my best to the best - and thanks for the concerns - and for all the pain and inconvenience, I have not yet become so jaded or super-annuated as to be indifferent to the efforts of a cute little aid to shave the groin - when someone devises a way to make the urinary catheter really FUN, I shall become positively giddy! Good to be back.

Date: 12 June, 2012 05:50PM
happy to report that I remain among the living - regardless of what the future brings, I have resolved to be cut up no more - had extremely debilitating infection to fight this past week-end - still very weak, but well enough to be at the computer for a few minutes. My deepest affection to you all for your concern.

Goto Page: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page