Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Funeral Doom Metal
Posted by: mjsweitzer (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2012 03:55AM
Last night ( Wednesday 9th May 2012 ), one of my local subscriber funded community broadcasters , RTR 92.1 , Perth Western Australia , on a show called Behind The Mirror , featured a genre of music called Funeral Doom Metal . I tuned in after the show had already begun , while they were playing a track by a Chilean ( Santiago )one man outfit called Lethargy of Death .The track ( Death , from the album Necrology )is truly awesome and majestic . The show has been archived and will be available for replay for some time .I've also found the album available as a [url=https://rapidshare.com/#!download|930p1|425209116|Lethargy_of_Death_-_Necrology.by.canalladfc.rar|134558|R~ED1C532360DCAEB5440CF957B81319FA|0|0]Rapidshare[/url] download from this blog : Funeral Doom Metal.
Then , later they played a track by another one man outfit called Qhwertt from Buenos Aires Argentina called The Whisper of the Worm from the album Cloudland this is more pertenant to this forum in that the stated lyrical inspiration is Clark Ashton Smith . Not quite as aurally awesome as Lethargy of Death , but his heart is in the right place ( torn from his chest cavity after having been blood eagled , drying out in a pool of congealed blood , resting on a stone altar in a vast subterranean cavern ( as if there be any cavern other than subterranean , are there caverns in the sky ? ) ). Both of these have presence on youtube for those who wish to follow up .
I believe that I've seen mention of an outfit calling themselves The Abominations of Yondo . I've just checked and they have a second album entitled That Remote and Awful Twilight , available for download from Internet Archive along with their eponymous first album .
Some of you may not be able to stomach this music , this Funeral Doom Metal , but if you have an open mind , I think youll " get it " . I recommend starting with Lethargy of Death , Necrology ,Death for a taste ( youtube ) , although it being the best of the lot , all else will be slightly diminished .
Time for me to prepare for my departure to another night of mundane employment . I hope that those who frequent this forum will find this posting informative and of interest . Just beware that by listening to Funeral Doom Metal , you are opening the soul of your being to the Dark Ones .

[url=https://rapidshare.com/#!download|930p1|425209116|Lethargy_of_Death_-_Necrology.by.canalladfc.rar|134558|R~ED1C532360DCAEB5440CF957B81319FA|0|0]Rapidshare[/url]

Dang it ! The link thing for Rapidshare ain't behaving right . Please excuse .

R.McDilleaux

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10 May 12 | 04:04AM by mjsweitzer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page