Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Support the Mythos and read a new Lovecraftian novel. Only 2 Days left.
Posted by: Darkfest (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2012 01:09PM
Support Indie Writing! And enjoy a new look at the OLD ONES! 1920's style!

Press HERE IF YOU DARE!

Re: Support the Mythos and read a new Lovecraftian novel. Only 2 Days left.
Posted by: The English Assassin (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2012 12:19PM
Support something that doesn't exist except as a marketing strategy... err... nope!

Posted by: Avoosl Wuthoqquan (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2012 01:20PM
Dear Mr Darkfest,

I must say that your writing style intrigues and exhilarates me in equal measure. Your prose practically pops and crackles with near-synesthetic rambunctiousness. On your website I read:

Quote:
The adventure continues as Miss Leonore Christian returns with a vengeance to hunt down an evil cult hidden in the heart of darkest Africa and to finally resolve her father’s long lost disappearance.

Scintillating. And to quote one of your fellow Lords of Language: you have a gift for elegant précis.

Indeed:

Quote:
My well- researched historic novels are full of exotic settings which are vividly rich and thought provoking, they will stir you to your very core.

My very core would be eagerly anticipating the stir, were it not for my limited tolerance for comma splices. Nevertheless, it is commendable and reassuring to know that thoughts are still being provoked, especially by a use of cliché and collocation so daringly undaring, one cannot help but wonder if the age of irony really is over.

Perhaps it will be worth your while to consider spamming this board a third time, maybe then some of us -- connoisseurs of fine imaginative writing all, as you (who have done a little market research, no doubt) well know -- will opt to join you in your soaring flight to the summit of Parnassus (or indeed Voormithadreth), carried there on the vigorously beating wings of your eagle-eyed imagination.

Posted by: Gill Avila (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2012 01:23AM
I can't believe that I forgot that September 5th was the 20th (Has it been that long?!) anniversary of the passing of Fritz Leiber Jr! I'm so mad at myself!

Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2012 03:15AM
Gill Avila Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't believe that I forgot that September 5th
> was the 20th (Has it been that long?!) anniversary
> of the passing of Fritz Leiber Jr! I'm so mad at
> myself!

Dammit! You're right! I missed it too. :( But I did celebrate Freddie Mercury's 66th birthday that day.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page