Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Lovecraftian story by Greg Luce
Posted by: Gavin Callaghan (IP Logged)
Date: 5 January, 2013 04:33PM
Having ordered some horror films from Sinister Cinema in the past, I regularly receive catalogs from them. Recently, they've branched out into book publishing as well, and have started reprinting old pulp horror stories and science-fiction novels by Long, Coblentz, Shaver, Jacobi, Kornbluth and many others.

I haven't had the $$$ to order any of them, so I cannot say whether their story selection or print quality is any good or not. The books are in 3 formats: double novels, single novels, and group anthologies.

Their most recent catalog lists a double novel, D-71, which includes To Watch by Night by Robert Moore Williams, and The Deep End by Gregory Luce. And it turns out that Gregorcy Luce is the owner of Sinister Cinema himself! While I am not familair with Luce's works, according to the catalog:

"My novelette, The Deep End, was originally published in Tales Out of Innsmouth by Chaosium Press back in '99. I recently expanded it into a short novel for inclusion in one of our double novels. I know, the author of a story should never be the first one to sing his own praises, but I think you'll find that The Deep End is a pretty good read. If you like Lovecraftian tales, girls in bikinis, underwater monsters, etc., you'll probably get a kick out of this horror tale by me, Sinister Cinema owner and founder Gregory Luce.

"The second novel, To Watch by Night by Robert Moore Williams, is a grand supernatural thriller about a mad professor who has harnessed deadly creatures from beyond the void to do his bidding. A secret society of 'watchers' are the only ones who can stop him. Lots of old fashioned horrific fun."

Re: Lovecraftian story by Greg Luce
Posted by: Gill Avila (IP Logged)
Date: 5 January, 2013 09:34PM
Here's the armchair fiction homepage. The reviews at Amazon regarding the production quality are very good, and old-timers {like me!) love the selections.

[www.armchairfiction.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page