Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Lost Worlds: The Journal of Clark Aston Smith Studies
Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 1 May, 2004 02:44AM
Big difference, Boyd: LW is getting by on a shoe-string, and critical articles aren't quite the same as top ten hits, or even CAS stories. How many people, after finding a non-fiction article on the net, have actually gone out and bought the magazine or book from which it originated? Anyway, it's mote. Besides, it's my publisher, the man who is putting up the pazoors to do the journal, who set the policy, and anyway most scholarly journals have a similar policy. One @#$% year!
Is that too long for us to wet our beaks? Help me, Godfather!

(Gawd, I am hanging out around Gavin w-a-a-y too much!)

Best,
Scott

Date: 1 May, 2004 02:49AM
Big difference, Boyd: LW is getting by on a shoe-string, and critical articles aren't quite the same as top ten hits, or even CAS stories. How many people, after finding a non-fiction article on the net, have actually gone out and bought the magazine or book from which it originated? Anyway, it's mote. Besides, it's my publisher, the man who is putting up the pazoors to do the journal, who set the policy, and anyway most scholarly journals have a similar policy. One @#$% year!
Is that too long for us to wet our beaks? Help me, Godfather!

(Gawd, I am hanging out around Gavin w-a-a-y too much!)

Best,
Scott

Date: 1 May, 2004 04:53PM
How the @#$% did that get posted twice? Must have been bouncing around in cyberspace the way shortwave transmissions bounce around in the Heaviside Layer. (See Tim Powers' novel DECLARE for a fascinating explanation.) Sorry for the duplication.

Goto Page: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page