Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Lovecraftian Books for Sale
Posted by: Gavin Callaghan (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2013 04:00PM
Phyllis Galde, editor/publisher of FATE magazine and former editor at Llewelyn press, is selling an entire library of Lovecraftian books. The books are from the library of FATE magazine, and include Arkham House, Necronomicon Press, and Hippocampus Press editions, along with some older and rarer items.

Ms. Galde can be contacted via FATE magazine, and would be happy to send out an Excel spreadsheet listing the items.

Re: Lovecraftian Books for Sale
Posted by: Gavin Callaghan (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2013 04:21PM
Here is a link to the for sale items list; hopefully it will work for all viewers:

[skydrive.live.com]

Posted by: The English Assassin (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2013 06:16PM
It's an amazing collection. Unfortunately, it's the same old story for me: no cash! Looks like she's selling the Selected Letters at a very fair price.

Posted by: jdworth (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2013 10:31PM
I would dearly love to get my hands on the two-volume edition of the Commonplace Book by David E. Schultz, as I've been attempting to track a set down for years, and it is something which would help me in my researches tremendously. But, as with The English Assassin, finances simply won't permit it, even at such a reasonable price....

Posted by: Knygatin (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2013 04:29AM
jdworth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would dearly love to get my hands on the
> two-volume edition of the Commonplace Book by
> David E. Schultz, as I've been attempting to track
> a set down for years, and it is something which
> would help me in my researches tremendously. But,
> as with The English Assassin, finances simply
> won't permit it, even at such a reasonable
> price....

Do you have Miscellaneous Writings? A wonderful book.

As for H. P. Lovecraft's Commonplace Book, here ya go!
[www.wired.com]

Posted by: Knygatin (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2013 04:39AM
I realize now that you are probably looking for David E. Schultz's critical editorial.

Date: 22 January, 2013 09:08AM
Thank you for the link; but, as you surmise, I am looking for the critical edition Schultz produced. I understand a new edition has been bruited about for a while, but it doesn't look likely for a long time to come....

Yes, I have Miscellaneous Writings, which is indeed a very interesting book. I also have the HP 5-volume Collected Essays, which has proved invaluable.

Posted by: walrus (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2013 09:08AM
jdworth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would dearly love to get my hands on the two-volume edition of the Commonplace Book by David E. Schultz,
> as I've been attempting to track a set down for years, and it is something which would help me in my researches tremendously.

It's unfortunately quite scarce nowadays -- I finally found decently priced copies of both vols a year or two ago; I think I paid $50 or so for each, so the asking price here seems to be about right.
I've urged Schultz to prepare an updated Hippocampus edition of CB, but with so many projects, alas, I don't think it's something that he can get around to very soon....

Some of the other prices are fair, but on the other hand, some seem quite high to me. E.g. I'm pretty sure no one is gonna pay 125 € for "Sunset Terrace Imagery" (I got it for about 10% of that not that many years ago). Hint to the seller...

Date: 28 January, 2013 10:25PM
walrus Wrote:

> It's unfortunately quite scarce nowadays -- I
> finally found decently priced copies of both vols
> a year or two ago; I think I paid $50 or so for
> each, so the asking price here seems to be about
> right.
> I've urged Schultz to prepare an updated
> Hippocampus edition of CB, but with so many
> projects, alas, I don't think it's something that
> he can get around to very soon....

Yes, that's what I rather thought was the case. Well, I'll keep trying when I have the cash, as well as attempting to get my hands on a copy through ILL (this thing seems to be harder to get through that route than Ransome's Elixir of Life was some years ago!).

And, of course, I'll hope that we will see both this and the critical edition of the Fungi at some point in the not-too-distant future.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page