Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
visual experience
Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 5 March, 2013 01:34PM
My very dear friends of CAS - this post has little to do with my old friend, but might interest you - As you may or may not know, the Neubauer family has funded a project in which live broadcasts of select performances directly from the stage of the Metropolitan Opera may be found in select theaters around the country - this past Saturday I attended an incredible performance of Wagner's Parsifal - it has to do with mystical legends around the Grail and the Spear of Destiny - it was brilliantly staged, and in Act Two the entire floor of Klingsor's castle was performed in 4 inch deep "blood" - amazing - It will be re-broadcast as an encore from video tape on Wed evening in most theaters that show it - those of you who have appreciated some of the art work associated with the arcane texts we love, will appreciate this show - and then, of course, there's the music. That is not this Wednesday, but the next I think - this Wednesday is a re-run of "Rigoletto" staged as if in 60's Vegas - I didn't think I would like it but it worked really well - and if you want a cultural way to see a pole dancer - this is your shot.
'

Re: visual experience
Posted by: Radovarl (IP Logged)
Date: 5 March, 2013 06:54PM
We have a theater here in Ithaca, NY that shows these occasionally. Not my bag, but we have friends that go every time and swear by it.

Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 7 March, 2013 08:23AM
For the great majority who have never seen or heard Opera live, it is a great boon - for those who like fantasy/horror, an oppotunity to see Strauss' "Electra" or "Salome" (which ends with the girl kissing the head of John the Baptist - grisly) should not be missed if they come up.

Posted by: jimrockhill2001 (IP Logged)
Date: 7 March, 2013 06:37PM
My favorite for all-out ghoulish decadence served up in thrilling, beautiful music is Prokofiev's FIERY ANGEL.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page