> 150 thousand years but civiliazation didn't begin
> until 3500 hundred years ago, give or take a few
> thousand.
> We are supposed to believe that mankind did little
> before this for almost 145 thousand years and then
> built pyramids.
> There is way too much to discuss in a other wierd
> writers forum.

The last ice age, called Weichsel (or the Würm, referring to its crawling movement) with glaciers growing over northern Europe (I presume the situation was similar in Canada) lasted approximately from 70.000 to 12.000 years ago, with its maximum geographic spread about 20.000 years ago, at which time northern Germany and all of Scandinavia was under a thick layer of ice.

But before that, the climate of this region was warm and blooming, and Homo sapiens most likely found its way up there. This is the age and location that can be associated with and popularly referred to as Hyperborea. A very long lasting period, tens of thousands, upwards of a hundred thousand years, dwarfing the known recorded history of man. Whatever happened there, whatever culture may have evolved, whatever buildings were built - all of it was wiped away by the oncoming glacier. The moving ice, and the rock rubble it pulled with it, crushed everything, removed all life and loose material, sanded down and polished the very bare rock, completely changing the form of the landscape. When the ice started to retreat 12.000 years ago, organic life slowly had to find its way back again to this new area.

Re: History of the Earth and culture
Posted by: Knygatin (IP Logged)
Date: 2 April, 2013 11:57AM
I made a general subject heading, and anyone who wishes to use this thread for other related subjects about history and culture, is welcome to do so.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page