Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
book sales
Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2013 12:44PM
yay! just got a royalty check from Hippocampus Press for 2012! -- I am glad a few people have bought the little book -
Boyd - you have my permission to post my Memoir from that book on this site - if you wish - The juvenile writings are a really good way to get a handle on the development of this extraordinary poet - Boyd already uses the photo I took from the back cover - it always brings a smile of happy memories when that one comes up -
Scott - glad you got to go to Providence - I would go, but there is someone who lives there I might have to shoot -
or sic the Fish-men on him.

Re: book sales
Posted by: HPLovecraftian (IP Logged)
Date: 16 August, 2013 01:41AM
Congratulations, Dr. Farmer!

I'd be happy to add to your royalty statement for this year, if I knew what the book your memoir appears in is called.

And may I ask who this unlucky person is, whom you'd sic the Deep Ones on to?

Date: 16 August, 2013 12:19PM
The book is "The Sword of Zagan" - quite a little story about this as Clark had given these holographs to me in May of the year he died - then I carried them around for more than 40 years when my brother told me about this website - I posted on the site that I had this stuff and it was like dropping a bomb in the internet - Scott and Ron flew down to help me get them on discs, and Derrick from Hippocampus came down and stayed with me for a week getting them ready for publication - I did some editing and commentary and wrote my memoir for it. I also supplied several photos which are in the book -
As to the person in Providence for whom I have intense distaste - I cannot tell his name as it would befoul my computer.

Posted by: clokwerk1945 (IP Logged)
Date: 31 August, 2013 03:02AM
Hi Dr. Farmer, my name is Perry Abrams, we spoke today, I was your tech support. I checked out this site as you recommended and I'm glad to hear your book(s) are doing well. I couldn't let you know on the phone because of the company's bylaws, but I'm a science fiction writer. I'm afraid to tell you more though, knowing your background in language and etymology, you would probably hate my work since I can only afford to hire friends to edit. Anyway, thank you for sharing part of your life with me, its rare to connect with a customer beyond "fix it now." Also, sorry for the long post of inconsequential information to your thread. I'm disallowed from emailing you, or I would have sent you this message privately if I could. One last thing, please if you call in to tech support for me, do not mention this, I'm disallowed from becoming friends with a customer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 31 Aug 13 | 03:38AM by clokwerk1945.

Date: 3 September, 2013 01:04PM
Dear Clokwerk - feel free to email me at my home - I would be honored to see your stuff - do not be alarmed by anyone's erudition - the facts are that as one gets older you learn more and more about less and less - finally, you know everything about nothing - a number of writers send me their stuff, and I am happy to as encouraging and helpful as I can - 16 years ago I received a heart transplant and live now to only give away what I know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page