Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
a collection of all the Averoigne tales?
Posted by: Geoffrey (IP Logged)
Date: 25 August, 2013 04:49PM
I can find in the used books market the following collections: Hyperborea, Xiccarph, Zothique, and Poseidonis. I cannot find a collection of all the Averoigne tales. Does anyone know if such a thing exists?

Re: a collection of all the Averoigne tales?
Posted by: jimrockhill2001 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 August, 2013 05:07PM
Surprisingly, after all this time, the answer is still "No". Lin Carter had planned a book of Averoigne stories for the Ballantine Adult Fantasy Series, but it was not published. Ron Hilger put together an eagerly awaited collection, which Donald M. Grant had on and off the burner for many years, but that has not yet appeared: I believe Ron may have taken it to a new publisher by now, and I hope we will see a publication date announced for the book before too much longer, but only he or Scott Connors would know any details about that.

There was a pirated collection of Averoigne material by Smith and others available for a short time through Amazon, but it was incomplete, offered material that had nothing to do with Averoigne, seemed to culled entirely from this site, and was printed without permission from Smith's estate or any of the more recent authors represented. It was reported and removed.

Posted by: pegana (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2013 10:43PM
Well, if no one else ends up putting out the edition perhaps I'll tackle it. Pegana Press is curently handsetting type for the first volume of the Poseidonis Cycle and if it's received well will follow up with other editions.

Mike
[peganapress.com]

Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2016 10:31AM
The Averoigne Chronicles is available now: [centipedepress.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page