Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Greetings to CASophiles
Posted by: mlaidlaw (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2004 03:30PM
Just swung by to look up Ron Hilger, seeing that Nightshade will soon be issuing a volume of CAS in which he has some involvement. Wanted to say hi to everyone/anyone else I met while attending the various Weirdcons at Ron's house in the Previous Millennium.

I was happy to see a couple (uncredited, no big deal) photos which I took of the sculptures in Bob Elder's collection (Moondweller and Sorcerer Eibon on page 8...maybe the Tsathoggua picture as well) during a Smith tour a number of years ago. I gave those shots to Ron and I'm glad to see they've been put to good use.

I'm always inexpressibly happy to see CAS's memory kept alive by this cool gang.

Re: Greetings to CASophiles
Posted by: casofile (IP Logged)
Date: 22 April, 2004 09:15PM
Hey Marc-
Very nice to hear from you and welcome aboard! It's been quite a while (I don't remember if I've even had a chance to mention how much I enjoyed "The 37th Mandala; so, excellent job on this!) So YOU'RE the one who took the pictures of Bob Elder's sculptures, my memory's not as good as it used to be (specially after one of those infamous dark brew swilling Weirdcons!) Boyd got them from the CAS100 booklet, but I'm sure you were credited in the book though.
Hope you will check in from time to time; a great bunch of people frequent this site, and very interesting topics come up quite often.
Later,
Ron

Re: Greetings to CASophiles
Posted by: mlaidlaw (IP Logged)
Date: 22 April, 2004 09:28PM
Hey, Ron,

I remember those were in the tribute booklet with my permission and accurately credited. It's all good. My little slice of CAS-related immortality.

I've never seen so many photos of the sculptures in one place before. It's astonishing stuff. I have something I picked up at a Flea Market in Marin many years ago, a polished greenish rock sculpted to look like a fat-lipped, somewhat Tsathogguan divinity. There were two for sale, and the seller explained they were Guatamalan hearth gods. I wouldn't have been surprised to learn it was a lost Smith artifact, it bears such strong resemblance to some of his creatures. I've never seen any of these since, by the way. I highly prize the one I have. I'd be curious if anyone knows more about Guatamalan hearthstones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page