Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Rainfall Records and Books..plus CAS
Posted by: Frederick (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2013 07:03PM
For those who don't already know, there is a publisher that you who love the subject matter of this site must read, its Rainfall Records and Books! These poeple have been publishing some outstanding publications/chapbooks such as Lovecraft's Disciples, Strange Sorcery [/i](leans alot toward CAS) and E'ch Pi El, chapbooks like these have numerous tales by such authors as Glynn Owen Barrass (seemingly overlooked talent who you should buy some of his work here now because he will become one of the greats in this field). They also have many great singular publications such as Y'Ha-Nthlei Rising & Other Tales of the Deep Ones (sadly now out of print...but there are some other find chapbooks by its talented author Ran Cartwright such as his Tales of Zothique[i],1 & 2 and Sorceries of Gnydron[/b][i][/i],1 & 2, whose title comes from the original name Smith had for Zothique, among other works, Ran is still another writer you definitely should be aware of and certainly carries on the Smith tradition of excellence), Witch-Queen of Lemuria by Robert M. Price and Sirens & Silver by the fantastic poet worthy of CAS Michael Fantina, not to mention, such visual works as Mythos Monsters: The Fantasy Art of Steve Lines. All this besides them releasing excellent productions of excellent musical CDs great to listen to to get into the mood lol! This publisher is a much check out and deserves our support! They have a FB site for more info.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 19 Sep 13 | 07:08PM by Frederick.

Re: Rainfall Records and Books..plus CAS
Posted by: Gill Avila (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2013 01:57AM
Is there a USA source for their stuff?

Date: 21 September, 2013 06:35PM
There is none that I know of, but I have never had any problem ordering/getting items from them. However, there just might be as I have been out of America for the last 17 years :-)

Date: 21 September, 2013 06:39PM
Also, if you would like to see some of Steve's fine artwork, there are examples of it posted in this site's Galleries under the "inspired by CAS" section. Also, some of the fiction writers work who appear here have also been published by Rainfall...they only publish quality material.

Posted by: Tantalus (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2013 05:33AM
Link for convenience:

Rainfall Records and Books

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26 Sep 13 | 05:33AM by Tantalus.

Date: 27 September, 2013 06:40PM
Gill, I wrote to Steve Lines concerning your question and here was his kind reply:

"No, we don't have a distributor in the USA unfortunately. ebay or the Rainfall site is the only way to get hold of our stuff. I am thinking of putting out the chapbooks as pdf files though, so that folks overseas can read them without paying the extortionate postal charges."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page