Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Entire Night Shade Books edition on Audible.com
Posted by: Jeff Gilleland (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2013 11:18AM
Looks like audible.com has decided to increase their offerings of CAS by doing the entire Night Shade Books edition in audio format. The scheduled release date looks to be 10-22-13 for the entire series.
They are notable for doing high quality stuff as they have built their own studios and pay performers to read such books.
Great for those long drives down the California coast line or doing gardening or other mundane work.

The End of the Story: Collected Fantasies of Clark Ashton Smith, Book 1
[www.audible.com]

All CAS:
[www.audible.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 22 Sep 13 | 12:07PM by Jeff Gilleland.

Re: Entire Night Shade Books edition on Audible.com
Posted by: weorcstan (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2013 11:41PM
I would love to get high quality audiobooks of CAS. Unfortunately, the audible.com readings of Smith I have heard not only try to create a good guys vs. bad guys motif, but have all the "bad guys" sounding like Darth Vader. Gold into lead.

Hope someone with some understanding of Smith will be in charge of these upcoming recordings.

Re: Entire Night Shade Books edition on Audible.com
Posted by: Jeff Gilleland (IP Logged)
Date: 27 October, 2013 10:03PM
I am pleased to report that, except for some questionable pronunciations, the first audio book download is worthy of being created. Note that if you buy the Audible books creations / performances via Amazon you can get, currently, each book for about $2 cheaper.
[www.amazon.com]
I have purchased the first 2 audio books and I am halfway through the first one in the series.
[www.amazon.com]
Enjoy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page