Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Smith in the Auburn library
Posted by: J. B. Post (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2010 10:13AM
Several decades ago, I was passing through Auburn and asked at the public library if they had any special science fiction or fantasy collections. The reply was negataive. I then thought to ask about Smith by name and he was in the local authors collection and was fairly well represented. Not a SFantasy author, not a poet, but a local author. Something to remember when asking at local libraries in an author's home town, be it home town by birth or by extensive residence.

JBP

Re: Smith in the Auburn library
Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2010 12:50PM
You may take it to the bank that the people who run the library have not read any of it.

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 9 February, 2010 06:28PM
I've always found that the staff of the Placer Co. Library has been very respectful of CAS. I've given several talks there over the past few years. At least one librarian has read and enjoyed his stories. And there is that nice plaque out in the garden....

Scott

Date: 9 February, 2010 09:17PM
I have not seen the new library, but the old Carnegie(a small but noble structure - wonder if it's still there) was monumentally indifferent to Clark - My knowledge of the library of those days ends in 1963.

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2010 03:18PM
The old Carnegie Library still stands, although it's now an art center.

Date: 15 February, 2010 12:10PM
Side note - the prettiest and smartest girl in my class lived next door to the library - an additional excuse for frequent trips in my day -- "Just happened to be in the neighborhood..."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page