Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
CAS poetry this fall
Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 7 August, 2006 05:00AM
I just noticed that it is the THIRD volume of the Complete Poetry and Translations of Clark Ashton Smith that is out this fall.

[www.hippocampuspress.com]

Weird, but hey, it works for me! :-)

(I should point out that the link on the first Hippocampus page still links to Vol. 1, even though it now says Vol. 3)

Re: CAS poetry this fall
Date: 15 October, 2006 06:27AM
Hippocampus Press has announced the table of contents for the third CAS poetry volume. It has been delayed and will likely be out in January.

Date: 10 April, 2007 03:59AM
The cover art for the third volume of CAS's poetry is now up at

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

Yrs
Martin

Posted by: The English Assassin (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2007 01:29PM
Looking at the website the release dates seem to suggest that vol 3 will be out before vol 1 & 2. Is this right or a typo? Seems a little nutty to me... I notice that neither vol 1 or 2 have cover art yet.

Posted by: Boyd (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2007 03:25PM
yup 3 first, weird but true.

Date: 11 April, 2007 03:51PM
The reason for the reversed order is that arranging the poems of vol. 3, which is just Smith's translations, was so much quicker and easier to do. Most of the book consists of Baudelaire's Fleurs du Mal, whose order is already set. Arranging Smith's original poetry requires much more research.

Date: 22 May, 2007 09:15AM
I've got it! *restrained and dignified bouncing of well-measured happiness*

The third volume, subtitled The Flowers of Evil and Others, arrived today. It is a very handsome volume, deliciously heavy in the hand, and I'm looking forward to seeing what Smith was like as a translator (alas, I know neither French nor Spanish, so I'll have to make do with comparing his texts against other translations into English and Swedish).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page