Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Are you kidding me? Vol. 2 is here!
Posted by: Tantalus (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2007 04:51PM
Volume 2, The Door to Saturn arrived today! That was fast!

Again, the book was securely packaged in bubble wrap and then put into a box much larger than the book. Even if the box would be punctured, the large box makes it less likely that the book would be hit. I appreciate the care put into the packaging.

A quick inspection of the book shows another beautiful and well made book just like Vol.1. I will give it a better look through this weekend.

For anyone wondering why I get my copies so quick, I'm in San Jose, CA, which is not much more than an hour from Night Shade Books. Also I ordered a subscription very early. So I wonder if they are sending them in order of ordering.

Thanks and applause to Scott, Ron, Jason and Night Shade Books!!!

Re: Are you kidding me? Vol. 2 is here!
Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2007 04:35AM
And yesterday the book reached me here in Sweden! That was very quick, and I'm glad I didn't have to wait 75 days for this one too.

It's a bl**dy good-looking book and I'll dig into it immediately. Hats off to Messrs. Smith, Hilger, Connors, Powers, Williams, Lassen, Van Hollander and everybody else involved in its making!

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2007 07:05AM
Told you that future volumes would be faster. Incidentally, I still haven't gotten my copies yet!!!

Scott

Posted by: DBG (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2007 08:38AM
My copy arrived in Australia this morning. Also happily surprised the shipping was quicker this time.

There was a bonus booklet for the pre-orders. Its not a problem but I haven't received a copy but I read somewhere it had been delayed?

These are my first Night Shade Books and they are beautiful books. My only other CAS book is the Fantasy Masterworks collection so I am glad (and lucky!) to have all his stories in one volume of books. Thank you for putting them all together.

Posted by: garymorris (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2007 02:00PM
Apropos shipping and arrival, does anyone know the scoop on the pending demise of Shocklines? I'm not sure if they're the only distributor (or if Night Shade ships copies also?), but they did ship me volume 1. According to their website (http://shocklines.stores.yahoo.net/), the company is going out of business in the next couple of months. The guy who runs it (Matt) says he'll honor all pre-ordered titles, but I'm a little skittish about this. I emailed Night Shade but they haven't replied. I live in Portland, Oregon, and haven't received volume 2 yet. Anybody?

Date: 22 June, 2007 05:33PM
DBG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> There was a bonus booklet for the pre-orders. Its
> not a problem but I haven't received a copy but I
> read somewhere it had been delayed?

When I asked around the time when vol. 1 was delivered, they said that the bonus book for subscribers would appear with book 2 or 3. As it didn't appear with 2, I suppose it's going to appear with 3.

>
> These are my first Night Shade Books and they are
> beautiful books. My only other CAS book is the
> Fantasy Masterworks collection so I am glad (and
> lucky!) to have all his stories in one volume of
> books. Thank you for putting them all together.

It's not one volume but five (plus one, and the Hippocampus Press volumes of course), but I see what you mean and I definitely agree.

Date: 23 June, 2007 04:13AM
The problem with the bonus book is finding suitable artwork. Outside of that, it's ready to go.

Scott

Date: 23 June, 2007 06:19AM
Night Shade is shipping copies--however, all preorders have been shipped. Their primary distributor is Diamond Comics; Shocklines, Dreamhaven, gavinicuss books, Realms of Fantasy, Borderlands, etc. all get their copies from Diamond. You can also order copies at B&N, Borders, etc. It's even on the Wal-Mart website! (Not to mention Amazon.)
Night Shade used to be based in Portland, but they're back in San Francisco.
Ever make the H. P. Lovecraft Film Festival in Portland? I've attended for the past few years, and recommend it highly.

Best,
Scott

Posted by: garymorris (IP Logged)
Date: 25 June, 2007 10:23PM
Thanks for clarifying, Scott. Jason of Night Shade responded by email too. I must have been so excited by the prospect of the complete annotated Smith that I mistakenly thought Shocklines was distributing the series!

I have indeed attended some of the films at the Lovecraft festival here in Portland, at the historic Hollywood Theatre, though I haven't managed to shake hands with the incomparable Joshi. I even reviewed one of the documentaries (The Eldritch Influence) on my website Bright Lights. In case you're interested, you can see it here:

[www.brightlightsfilm.com]

(scroll down to the second title in this roundup).

Best, Gary

Posted by: shadowcat (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2007 01:25AM
Scott Connors Wrote:
> The problem with the bonus book is finding
> suitable artwork. Outside of that, it's ready to
> go.
>
> Scott

I have been an illustrator for fourteen years, I would be happy to donate a piece for a CAS book, I have sold work on various parts of the globe, if you send me a few words, I can send you a concept and finish in pencil, watercolour, gouache or oils. I appreciate the works of CAS and Nightshade enough for doing this to want to help out.

And yes, I said donate as in not charge. I would take payment in copies of the books though.

Posted by: jdworth (IP Logged)
Date: 5 July, 2007 12:06PM
Scott Connors Wrote:
> Night Shade is shipping copies--however, all
> preorders have been shipped.

Just wanting to clarify: is this for Vol. 2 (which I've received) or the bonus book -- that is, is that one still awaiting the artwork before being released?

Date: 5 July, 2007 01:00PM
Just volume two, I'm afraid; still waiting for the bonus booklet. Sorry....

Scott

Posted by: jdworth (IP Logged)
Date: 5 July, 2007 01:15PM
Scott Connors Wrote:
> Just volume two, I'm afraid; still waiting for the
> bonus booklet. Sorry....
>
> Scott

Thanks for clarifying...

Posted by: Mikey_C (IP Logged)
Date: 6 July, 2007 11:23AM
Still having received mine in the UK yet. Should I be panicking, or is anyone else waiting?

Date: 8 July, 2007 03:22AM
If you ordered from Night Shade Books, then yes, it's probably time to drop them a line. On June 14, they reported all pre-orders as shipped. I live at the end of the world, mail-wise speaking (=Sweden), and I got my copy on June 20. You should have got yours by now.

Goto Page: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page