Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: News...vol 3, LOST WORLDS etc.
Posted by: jdworth (IP Logged)
Date: 29 July, 2007 06:32AM
Looks like Biblio.com has a copy listed, as well:

[www.biblio.com]

Now, if I can only get hold of a copy myself.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29 Jul 07 | 06:37AM by jdworth.

Posted by: walrus (IP Logged)
Date: 29 July, 2007 10:50AM
Gavin Smith pointed out elsewhere that the book is available via Mark Ziesing: [www.ziesingbooks.com]

Juha-Matti

Posted by: jdworth (IP Logged)
Date: 6 August, 2007 12:17PM
Well, I received my copy of the book this morning (THAT was a quick turnaround!)... very nice indeed. I've not had a copy to go over it in detail, but looking through it, it certainly looks to be a fine and worthy addition to the Smith bibliography....

Posted by: Fear Dunn (IP Logged)
Date: 7 August, 2007 04:40PM
The Book is also available at Budplant :Trade edition
There is also a signed, numbered,slipcased deluxe edition for $125.
Fear Dunn

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 8 August, 2007 07:59PM
There were forty copies of the deluxe edition printed. Besides being numbered, each copy had gilt edges and an onion-skin protective sheet over the painting "The Spy." They are sold out. However, Ray is thinking of ordering some more slipcases for those who want them, if there is sufficient interest. So--anyone want a slipcase for their copy?

Scott

Posted by: ArkhamMaid (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2007 01:47PM
Greetings, everyone, and I'm sorry for not having been more active on the board -- I've been rather busy both with preparing to leave for college, working on a paper for "Lost Worlds," AND reading the wonderful second volume of Clark Ashton Smith's collected works. Once again, thanks, Scott and Ron, for putting out these tales in such a beautiful format and with such well-researched appendixes. They're a joy to read.

Speaking of the Night Shade volumes, does anyone have a line on what the cover for the third Night Shade volume of Smith's works may feature, besides the Master himself?

We have seen the darkness
Where charnel things decay,
Where atom moves with atom
In shining swift array,
Like ordered constellations
On some sidereal way.
--from Nyctalops

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13 Aug 07 | 02:12PM by ArkhamMaid.

Date: 16 November, 2007 03:06AM
Night Shade Books has just announced the following:

"A Vintage from Atlantis, the third volume in The Collected Fantasies of Clark Ashton Smith series, should be hitting our warehouse within the next week. We will begin shipping preorders the moment it arrives. If you are awaiting this title, please don't e-mail us about it until after December 15. Those of you who ignore this warning and complain prior to December 15 will have their orders moved to the bottom of the pile. Seriously."

They are also showing the cover for volume 3.

On related matters: LOST WORLDS no. 4 is supposedly out, but nobody, including Ron and me, has seen a copy yet. As Mr. Orwell would say, "Doubleplusungood."

Scott

Posted by: Radovarl (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2007 07:08AM
Great news, and also makes me very glad I ordered through Amazon :). They don't send me too many "warnings" about imposing on their customer sevice, LOL. Nuff said, other than that I'm pretty sure I'll have it by December 15th....

Date: 16 November, 2007 07:37AM
Night Shade has one guy working the email. They are essentially a three-man operation (they recently hired a guy, Ross, to help out with the shipping chores). They once had 1500 emails about a forthcoming title they were in the process of shipping, and I expect that this didn't do much for the sunniness of their disposition. Amazon has a much bigger staff, and frankly I don't find their c.s. all that better since half the time the response is "sorry we don't have that information."

Scott

Date: 16 November, 2007 06:52PM
May I have your attention, please?
Remain calm, there is no need to panic, but it is official: Hell has frozen over.
We know this because I actually received my copies of A Vintage from Atlantis before everybody else in the English-speaking world, including Boyd!!!

And it is a thing of beauty, if I do say so myself. Thank you, Jason, Jeremy, and Ross.

Ron, am trying to call you!

Scott

Posted by: Radovarl (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2007 08:27PM
I'm sure they're doing their best, and of course Amazon has greater resources for responding to inquiries. I've actually had quite good results from Amazon's customer service, though, even with returns based on nitpicky complaints of mine (a bumped corner during shipping, that kind of thing). Of course I do order quite a lot of books through them; they probably do something despicable like prioritize CS responsiveness by dollars spent or some such nonsense.

I can easily imagine how running a small press operation could quickly strain one's tolerance for impatience. The few times I have e-mailed Night Shade, I have at least received a timely response, which is more than I can say for some other small presses. And kudos to them (and you) for the fairly accurate estimates concerning release dates, too. This is a rare thing in my experience.

Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 18 November, 2007 12:16PM
Scott Connors Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> On related matters: LOST WORLDS no. 4 is
> supposedly out, but nobody, including Ron and me,
> has seen a copy yet. As Mr. Orwell would say,
> "Doubleplusungood."
>

I've got it. It was in the last shipment I got from Gavin Smith.

Posted by: Fear Dunn (IP Logged)
Date: 29 November, 2007 06:35AM
I have just received my copy of A Vintage from Atlantis (I live in France)! The book is handsome! I particularly like the jacket art of this volume with its use of Smith's sculptures.
Fear Dunn

Posted by: Tantalus (IP Logged)
Date: 29 November, 2007 05:01PM
I live only an hour away from Night Shade Books in California and I have not got mine yet. :(

Posted by: Tantalus (IP Logged)
Date: 2 December, 2007 09:09PM
Tantalus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I live only an hour away from Night Shade Books in
> California and I have not got mine yet. :(

Well I got it yesterday! A beautiful book! I'm as happy as with the first two.

he he, BTW who is the "posse" on the mailing label?

[www.freeimagehost.eu]

Goto Page: Previous123AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page