Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Smiths' Mars stories
Posted by: Tobias Herschel (IP Logged)
Date: 31 July, 2007 07:55PM
Just a short question to all of you; as Scott and Jim know, I plan to publish a new German translation of the 'Zothique' Cycle as soon as possible (my translations are completed but the recording takes some time).
Because of this delay I'll try to come up with a new edition of the Mars trilogy ( probably with illustrations and frontcover by J.Luetke (www.luetke.com)); as I'm not quite sure about the print run (I suppose 300), I would like to have a feedback if someone is interested and if I should come up with mixed editions (German and English in one volume)
I'm also interested in proposals for an introduction, I consider to use parts of the introduction of 'Star Changes' but would happily welcome other genuine opinions

Re: Smiths' Mars stories
Posted by: jimrockhill2001 (IP Logged)
Date: 31 July, 2007 08:24PM
Sounds like a worthy project, Tobias. For those of us whose German is rusty, at best, a bilingual edition would be welcome.

Jim

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 31 July, 2007 10:12PM
I would of course have no objections to your using portions of the introduction to STAR CHANGES, and am sure Ron would be okay with this as well.

Best,
Scott

Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 2 August, 2007 05:25PM
Vielleicht sie ein prufleser brauchen kann? Dass will ich.

Date: 4 August, 2007 04:30AM
Dr Farmer,

I feel honored that you offer me this; I'm going to send you the texts by the mid of next week

Date: 15 August, 2007 05:51AM
Hello Dr Farmer,

just finished my first draft of the stories yesterday night; I wanted to send you the stories but your email address doesn't seem to work

Date: 11 September, 2007 08:28PM
just noticed a difference between two versions of 'The Dweller in the Gulf'; does or can someone send me the one, where an archaeologist tells(and is later eaten)the three adventurers the story behind 'The Dweller in the Gulf'?
I think 'Star Changes'is the earlier release where he isn't included

Date: 12 September, 2007 12:30PM
When CAS submitted "The Eidolon of the Blind" to Wonder Stories, Hugo Gernsback demanded "more science," so he added the Chalmers character to provide a means of communicating some pseudoscientific mumbo-jumbo to the three explorers. This version was used in Arkham House's A Rendezvous in Averoigne. Steve Behrends first explored this territory in his Necronomicon Press chapbook, which is also posted here on the ED. CAS only added Chalmers under duress, so I would suggest that he might be safely omitted from your translation.

Best,
Scott

Date: 24 September, 2007 08:15AM
just a nice disturbing side note:

[www.nasa.gov]

Date: 25 September, 2007 08:18AM
Oh goodie, who wants to go first? Come on, speak up--the ayes have it, or is that the other way around?

Scott

Posted by: Ghoti23 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2007 01:20PM
Scott Connors wrote:

> Oh goodie, who wants to go first? Come on, speak
> up--the ayes have it, or is that the other way
> around?

It's Aihais you want to worry about.

Date: 27 September, 2007 09:15AM
Tobias Herschel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello Dr Farmer,
>
> just finished my first draft of the stories
> yesterday night; I wanted to send you the stories
> but your email address doesn't seem to work

you may call me at 361-288-4066 or if you have SKYPE my address is calonlan68, and we can meet face to face on the internet.

Date: 28 September, 2007 02:21PM
> you may call me at 361-288-4066 or if you have
> SKYPE my address is calonlan68, and we can meet
> face to face on the internet.

I'm going to call you tomorrow at about 8 pm CET if you don't mind, I don't have SKYPE installed so that's not possible

Date: 28 September, 2007 04:38PM
Tobias Herschel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > you may call me at 361-288-4066 or if you have
> > SKYPE my address is calonlan68, and we can meet
> > face to face on the internet.
>
> I'm going to call you tomorrow at about 8 pm CET
> if you don't mind, I don't have SKYPE installed so
> that's not possible

the time is fine - I will make a point of being online to answer the call - why not install skype? you can get a web cam and microphone from them for 19.99 US plus shipping - other than that cost it's free. I spent 45 minutes with a friend in Fribourg last monday eve, and a half hour with my son and grandkids in Portland Oregon last night - no cost, and I get to see them.

Date: 29 September, 2007 02:03PM
Tobias and I will go. He just called me on my Skype phone and informed me that he will soon have the webcam and be able to communicate face to face for free. Likewise I was able to give him my email and should shortly be able to look at proofs of his translation. If that isn't entering the dark caves I don't know what is - what fun.
drf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page