Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Link Failure Update
Posted by: Portent (IP Logged)
Date: 21 August, 2007 08:31AM
The short story/poetry links work with Explorer, but not with Mozilla browser. What sort of eldritch forces are at work here??

Re: Link Failure Update
Posted by: Anthony (IP Logged)
Date: 21 August, 2007 10:18AM
Hi.

I was reading this with Opera when Portent's message came through, and I'm using Opera now. I tried Firefox, and interestingly, Firefox worked on the link mentioned. So I went to check on Safari (Windows version), which failed to display the home page. I went back to Opera: it was working fine here and elsewhere on the net. Then I went back to Firefox. It was open, but now I couldn't get Eldritch Dark or any other site. So I tried my least favorite browser, Internet Explorer 7, and it, too, failed to access the Internet. I've closed all of them, re-opened all of them, and it comes out the same way, with only Opera working.

Whatever the problem is, I don't think it's this website.

Date: 21 August, 2007 11:53AM
Yes Firefox was the version of Mozilla that couldn't open the links to Short Story/Poetry. It worked on all the other links, though.

Date: 21 August, 2007 01:59PM
So does Firefox access "Short Stories" and "Poetry" now, or are you still using IE? I'm just curious, because Firefox did work briefly when I checked it, but then failed. I still can't make Firefox or any other browsers work except Opera. Right now I'm in the middle of some work, but when I have a little time I'll reboot the system and see if that clears things up. If Firefox works normally but fails to access "Short Stories" and "Poetry" our problems may not be related.

I wonder if anybody else has been having any problems.

Posted by: NightHalo (IP Logged)
Date: 21 August, 2007 02:40PM
When I used Firefox, the links worked for me.

Date: 21 August, 2007 02:43PM
It just occurred to me that I might sound like the admin here. I hope it's clear that I am not, but only a visitor and happy user of Eldritch Dark. I asked because I need to use Firefox at another site.

Posted by: Boyd (IP Logged)
Date: 21 August, 2007 03:30PM
I tested FF, IE, opera, safari and had no problems it sounds like it just you Anthony, nice to be special :-)

Date: 21 August, 2007 04:02PM
Oh well :-(

Thank-you.

Date: 21 August, 2007 04:07PM
"So does Firefox access "Short Stories" and "Poetry" now, or are you still using IE?"

I just checked it again. Firefox still does not work on Short Stories/Poetry links. All the others are unaffected. I have to use IE for Short Stories/Poetry.

Date: 21 August, 2007 07:25PM
The Secret Cure to the link failure has been found! I just discovered it. If you are having problems with Firefox not finding Short Stories or Poetry, follow this procedure: click on Short Stories as before. You will get an error message. Go to the address bar and remove the final / in the address and then click on the "Go" button. Short Stories will load up quite nicely.

Posted by: Boyd (IP Logged)
Date: 21 August, 2007 07:47PM
I had 7 firefox users from around the world test it, no one but you has had any trouble

This Thread has been closed
Top of Page