Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Black Abbot of Puthuum
Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2007 09:06PM
My copy also has found its way to my lair, and it is every bit as well-produced as any of Roy Squires' own pubs. Add to this the importance of this version being made available, and I can't help but deem this a must-have item. Add to this the very real fact that this is going to sky-rocket in price once it's o.p.
Cudos, Terry!
Scott

Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2007 05:38PM
received my copy just before going to visit gkids in OK -- looking forward to diving in tonight - One of my favorite tales -

Date: 4 November, 2007 10:46PM
Interesting, and I'm not sure it isn't a little better without the extra character and the highly moral happy ending - however, it does add it to the small list of "happy" endings, like "The Charnal God"(which I have always loved) and the "Schizoid Creator", which is for me a happy story since the protagonist (a shrink) gets his just deserts -
As for "Abbott", I always felt a little wistful pondering poor old Hoaraph moping about wondering what happened to the expedition to bring him another morsel for his lust - perhaps a society for the just treatment of the depraved and decadent should be found - perhaps there is one already -

Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2010 12:10PM
:-D Picked up a copy at Odyssey 2010 (pretty cheap too) about a week ago! :-D

Posted by: J. F. Uccello (IP Logged)
Date: 3 August, 2010 12:43PM
Does anybody know if this book is still floating around out there? And for those lucky souls who do own it, what is it like?

[www.viatoriumpress.blogspot.com] Dedicated to the Weird.

Date: 3 August, 2010 03:33PM
J. F. Uccello Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anybody know if this book is still floating
> around out there? And for those lucky souls who do
> own it, what is it like?

It is about a 5 x 8 pamphlet style bound in brown paper - solid little piece - read my comments above for further on this tale - Clark and I discussed this tale, mainly around my admiration for it, not, at that time, knowing any different ending than originally published - still an excellent tale, capturing the terror of the desert Djinn.

Posted by: J. F. Uccello (IP Logged)
Date: 3 August, 2010 07:51PM
I just a second ago posted a new thread on RAS press and Mr Squires...

Thanks for this info. I have one chapbook by Bieler Press (who printed Black Abbot), totally unrelated to Weird literature, but it is beautiful in its own right, and is just a technical manual on letterpress printing.

[www.viatoriumpress.blogspot.com] Dedicated to the Weird.

Goto Page: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page