Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
H. P. Lovecraft Film Festival, Portland, OR ,Oct 3-4-5, 2008
Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2008 06:12PM
I will be attending this year's Lovecraft Film Festival, as I have for the past several years. I believe that I will be able to drag Ron Hilger along with me. In addition, I will be driving up with Richard A. Lupoff and his lovely wife Pat, and Stan Sargent, author of the excellent Zothique homage "The Black Massif" and the collections Ancient Exhumations and The Taint of Lovecraft. Other guests include Brian Lumley, Hellboy creator Mike Mignola, actor Robert Lloyd Parry (who will be performing his outstanding one-man show of M. R. James narrating his ghost stories as he did before the schoolboys at Cambridge and Eton), Michael Shea, Wilum Pugmire, Robert M. Price (Crypt of Cthulhu) and S. T. Joshi. Besides the films there will be panels and readings. It is a lot of fun, and is leaning increasingly toward the literary side (thus it is now subtitled "CthulhuCon").
The website is [hplfilmfestival.com]. I hope to see many of you there.

Scott

Re: H. P. Lovecraft Film Festival, Portland, OR ,Oct 3-4-5, 2008
Posted by: DarkReader (IP Logged)
Date: 29 August, 2008 07:42AM
I've never attended the Lovecraft Film Festival, but have always wanted to. I guess it's time to bump it up on my priority list and make it happen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page