Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Geniuses are cursed?????
Posted by: OConnor,CD (IP Logged)
Date: 9 January, 2009 06:57PM
This just hit me as a possibly interesting topic for discussion. To me it seems that the ones with high imaginative abilities are also the ones who carry the "weight" if you will, of life's burdens. And no matter how much love and effort they put in social matters with people, the result is always bad. I mean think of Edgar Allen Poe, now consider Vincent Vangogh, R.H. Barlow, CAS, H.P.L. R.E.H., M.R. James, Arthur Machen, Algernon Blackwood and many others.

I don't understand it but maybe other people with more life experience may have the answers.

Re: Geniuses are cursed?????
Posted by: Jojo Lapin X (IP Logged)
Date: 9 January, 2009 08:05PM
Hard work, plenty of fresh air, and less idle introspection. Oh, and getting laid. Those are the answers.

Posted by: Kyberean (IP Logged)
Date: 9 January, 2009 10:04PM
I think that the anticipation of some day giving answers such as JoJo's are what prompted Peter Townsend to write in a song lyric, "I hope I die before I get old"!

The following may not help to answer your question, either, but it might, if you have the patience to read through it: Positive Disintegration.

Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 13 January, 2009 05:17PM
Further reading for contemplation and (preferably) discussion among some friends you can get to read with you - "Don Juan in Hell" from GBS "Man and Superman" - I am currently in production for this amazing piece, reprising the masterwork on broadway and aroung the country in the 50's of the quartet of Charles Boyer (Don Juan), Agnes Moorehead (Dona Ana), Sir Cedric Hardwicke (the Commendatore), and Charles Laughton (the devil).
Dona Ana: "How can I be in Hell, I who was always a lady!"
Don Juan: "Madam, wherever Ladies are is Hell."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page