Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Comic Adaptation of "The Strange High House in the Mist"
Posted by: khyungbird (IP Logged)
Date: 28 June, 2009 03:14PM
Hello everyone,

Forgive the shameless self-promotion... I'm Jason Thompson, and a couple of years ago I did an adaptation of CAS's "The Tale of Satampra Zeiros," as a one-shot comic under the name "Hyperborea." Before that, I drew an adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's "The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath."

I've been to the Eldritch Dark before, but not in awhile, and it's cool to see the forum and to see people posting under the name Knygathin :) . Anyway, I'm currently working on a new Lovecraft comic, an adaptation of "The Strange High House in the Mist," at my website:

www.mockman.com

Please check it out and let me know what you think! I'll be putting up new pages every Friday.

Sincerely,

Jason Thompson
khyungbird.livejournal.com
kingofrpgs.com

Re: Comic Adaptation of "The Strange High House in the Mist"
Posted by: jimrockhill2001 (IP Logged)
Date: 28 June, 2009 03:27PM
I like it so far, Jason!

Jim

Posted by: Ken K. (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2009 07:48PM
Jason, the adaptation looks and (more importantly) feels true to HPL's story. I was reminded, just a bit, of Tim Kirk's art. The combination of the prosaic, everyday details of life in Kingsport coupled with the suggestion of other realms works very well.

Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2009 02:35AM
Absolutely excellent!!

Posted by: Ken K. (IP Logged)
Date: 6 July, 2009 05:53PM
Jason, I've just read the third page of your adaptation and I am filled with admiration at the way you've visualized Lovecraft's images and atmosphere. That's the terrible old man, alright, to a tee! This is shaping up to be one of the best graphic adaptations of a Lovecraft story ever. I strongly urge everyone to check it out!

Posted by: khyungbird (IP Logged)
Date: 6 July, 2009 06:02PM
Thanks, everybody! I have to confess, I love Tim Kirk (just mentioned him on the comic's blog, actually) and I was explicitly influenced by his depiction of The Terrible Old Man in the '70s "HPL" fanzine one-shot. I still remember seeing that when I was about 12 years old. I'm working hard on the new pages, please check them out on Fridays!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page