Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
What happened to Simon Whitechapel?
Posted by: abeldiaz (IP Logged)
Date: 3 August, 2009 07:22PM
Does anyone know what became of Simon Whitechapel? I think he writes, by far, the best CAS tributes ever done (some featured on this site). His website, Gwywyr.com, used to collect dozens of these tributes, but the site has disappeared with no explanation of why. Does anyone know what happened to the guy? I'm just a fan trying to find out where he is publishing now (if at all), so I can keep reading his work. He's an incredible author. Some of his stories rival CAS himself.

Any information you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Re: What happened to Simon Whitechapel?
Posted by: jdworth (IP Logged)
Date: 3 August, 2009 08:38PM
You might want to take a look at this:

[www.lulu.com]

Date: 5 August, 2009 01:50PM
Thank you. I appreciate your reply. I have seen (and purchased) his Lulu.com book, but that came out years ago. I'm wondering where he's publishing his CAS tributes these days and why he took them down from his own website?

Posted by: The English Assassin (IP Logged)
Date: 6 August, 2009 06:22AM
Simon Whitechapel's CAS stories are published by Rainfall Books as chapbooks. I think most of his stories are to be found elsewhere on this site though.

However I was wonder what Silence and Sortilege is like. Is it worth getting? And what are the stories included? If they're included? If it repeats stuff found in the Rainfall chapbooks then I might give it a miss, but if not...

My first Whitechapel story was the one in the Starry Wisdom Lovecraft tribute, which I always thought was particularly strong. I've been meaning to buy his novel, Slaughter King, for years on the strength of it, but haven't got around to it. Anyone else read it?

Date: 6 August, 2009 04:11PM
Thank you for the news about Rainfall Books! That might partly explain why he took the stories offline, but it's no less depressing that they're gone.

Most of the pieces in Tales of Silence & Sortilege already appeared on Eldritch Dark. Still, in my opinion, the book is worth every cent to have them in book form. You can actually view the table of contents at this link.

My first Whitechapel story was also “Walpurgisnachtmusik” from the Starry Wisdom tribute. I think it stood out as one of the best in what is an amazing collection of stories. I was depressed to find out that the sequel (called Songs of the Black Wurm Gism: The Starry Wisdom Part 2) does not feature Whitechapel at all. He wrote the story “Kopfwurmkundalini” for the sequel, but it was not included. Does anyone know why?

I don’t know how long it will stay up, but you can actually read "Kopfwurmkundalini" at this link.

I highly recommend it.

Posted by: The English Assassin (IP Logged)
Date: 7 August, 2009 07:36AM
Thanks for those links. Interesting to hear about Songs for the Black Wurm - I hadn't heard of it. I'll have to try to track it down one day...

Posted by: Absquatch (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2010 12:09PM
As to what happened to Simon Whitechapel, you'll likely find the answer here. Be sure to scroll and read the very last post in the thread for some additional interesting information.

Posted by: Jojo Lapin X (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2010 12:22PM
This is getting very self-referential.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page