Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Sorcerer Departs
Posted by: Boyd (IP Logged)
Date: 7 April, 2004 11:01PM
Dont worry Bob we are a tough lot I'm sure no one took it personally. There are other threads on this board regarding the value of know about an author or not - you may like to check em out.

I updated the in print page so that interested parties can read your comments on the book.

B.

Posted by: The English Assassin (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2007 09:36AM
I'm sure this is old news for many of you but having recently emailed Tsathoggua Press to enquire about this item I got this reply:

'Tsathoggua site is down for now due to my recent move to Sydney,
Australia. No, THE SORCERER DEPARTS is not available. Not sure if it'll
ever become available again. There will be a new Tsathoggua Press site
online in '07. Stay tuned.'

Anyway, I just thought I'd let you all know.

Posted by: TsathogguaPress (IP Logged)
Date: 31 July, 2007 11:48PM
Quote:
The English Assassin
I'm sure this is old news for many of you but having recently emailed Tsathoggua Press to enquire about this item I got this reply:
'Tsathoggua site is down for now due to my recent move to Sydney,
Australia. No, THE SORCERER DEPARTS is not available. Not sure if it'll
ever become available again. There will be a new Tsathoggua Press site
online in '07. Stay tuned.'

Yeah, that's the official story. I'm in Sydney, and I aim to get back to publishing once I'm more settled in. Philippe Gindre is supposed to be publishing a new corrected edition of The Sorcerer Departs soon, according to Don Sidney-Fryer.

The Sorcerer Departs
Posted by: Chipougne (IP Logged)
Date: 18 August, 2007 06:49AM
The Sorcerer Departs, Donald Sidney-Fryer's famous bio-critical essay on Clark Ashton Smith had been out of print for some time. It is now available again in a new, revised edition at Silver Key Press :

[www.silverkeypress.org]

The Sorcerer Departs is widely considered not only the first but still the best bio-critical essay on the life and works of Smith. This newly expanded and revised edition not only serves as an excellent introduction to the writings of the Bard of Auburn, but is also an indispensable cornerstone in the library of every CAS scholar. Cover art: Patrick Mallet.

Philippe Gindre

-
Silver Key Press
Weird Fiction
[www.silverkeypress.org]
-

Posted by: TsathogguaPress (IP Logged)
Date: 27 August, 2007 01:28AM
Chipougne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Sorcerer Departs, Donald Sidney-Fryer's famous
> bio-critical essay on Clark Ashton Smith had been
> out of print for some time. It is now available
> again in a new, revised edition at Silver Key
> Press :
>
> [www.silverkeypress.org]

Glad to see you here, Philippe! Thanks for reissuing this one corrected and revised for Don. The Tsathoggua edition was done on a non-existent budget in the stone age of desktop publishing--and riddled with plenty of typos despite a thorough proofing by me, Rob Preston and Don himself. :O He sent me an errata sheet after going through it a second time. Looking forward to seeing the thing "in the flesh."

Posted by: Chipougne (IP Logged)
Date: 27 August, 2007 03:58AM
TsathogguaPress Wrote :
-------------------------------------------------------
>Glad to see you here, Philippe!
Thanks! Well, I've been here for quite some time, but it is true that I seldom post, shame on me.

>The Tsathoggua edition was done on a non-existent
>budget in the stone age of desktop publishing
Despite all this it was a very attractive chapbook. I own 2 copies, the one I feverishly bought from Perry as soon as I heard that such a book existed, and the one DSF dedicated to me when he came over to visit me here in France a few years ago, and I cherish them both. The true stone age of desktop publishing for me was more in the late 80's when we were trying to imitate pros with very limited postscript fonts available (and no money to buy the few available ones because buying the first laser/inkjet printers had completely ruined us!). Remember those Necronomicon Press cover titles from 1987 or 1988, with big letters that look like oversized screen copies?
Robert H. Knox's cover is fantastic. It is really an illustration of Smith's poem itself. For the Silver Key Press edition, Patrick Mallet chose to focus on the "daily" Smith instead, showing him during one of his famous picnics. But with quite unusual guests!

>and riddled with plenty
>of typos despite a thorough proofing by me, Rob Preston and Don
>himself. :O He sent me an errata sheet after going through it a second
>time.
That's precisely the one I used. I guess that I must have added some typos of my own instead. Well typos are something one has to deal with, anyway.

Philippe Gindre

Posted by: Eldritch Frog (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2008 11:43AM
This sacred text is also a part of my collection. It is definitely worth importing from France!

[silverkeypress.free.fr]

Goto Page: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page