Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
MODERN WEIRD POETRY (last topic introduced for awhile, promise)
Posted by: John Shirley (IP Logged)
Date: 16 June, 2021 07:23PM
I was very glad to see weird poetry represented in the linked writings here. I love Clark Ashton Smith's poetry, especially but there were a number of great weird poets. Most of the poems have striking stories embedded into them. George Sterling can be great. HPL's Fungi From Yuggoth is good stuff--it's not as good as some of the other poets, in terms of technique but it's good, I have done dramatic readings of it and it thrills me to do it.

Anyway I wanted to make sure that folks here were aware of ST Joshi's weird-poetry journal, SPECTRAL REALMS. Many good modern poets in there. If you're not aware of it, I hope you'll check it out, and not just because I publish there sometimes (poems and articles). My friend Adam Bolivar has a collection of poems out, (which won an award for weird poetry much of which appeared in Spectral Realms) The Lay of Old Hex . . . Graphic artist/ designer, book cover maven Dan Sauer has started a new publishing house, Jackanapes Press. -- which will be publishing a collection of stories by Adam, along with lots of other books, including The Voice From The Burning House--a collection of poems by yours truly, coming soon.

Are you guys aware of The Audient Void zine by the way? Much fine weird poetry and fiction there. Dan Sauer does the art design.

Re: MODERN WEIRD POETRY (last topic introduced for awhile, promise)
Posted by: John Shirley (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2021 12:44AM
Crickets indeed. The sound of siiiiilence. Hello darkness my old friend...

Re: MODERN WEIRD POETRY (last topic introduced for awhile, promise)
Posted by: Knygatin (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2021 02:34AM
How pompous, arrogant, and unpleasant. But that is always the other side of the PC coin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page