Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Recent Reading
Posted by: Knygatin (IP Logged)
Date: 27 December, 2021 03:35PM
This kind of thread is popular on other forums, so I thought I would start it here, partly in the hope of attracting more visitors and commentators to Eldritch Dark.

I begin:

The Battle of Forever by A. E. van Vogt. In the far distant future, Man has developed his intellect further, and the brain has grown huge, while the rest of the body has shrunk into a tapering rudiment. Increasing their intelligence finally became an existential trap, where Man gradually lost all interest in physical activities and effort. Mind-force became everything. He has retreated into a philosophical existence, and spends his days floating around in luxury pools, hid behind the walls of gated communities. Out in the real world, animals have been genetically developed enough into semi-human form and intelligence to take care of practical chores. One day a man agrees to go through a temporary one year genetic treatment, to grow back his body to full human size, in order to visit and study the outside world; trying to blend in, and identifying himself among the other animals as an 'ape' from exotic Africa. His grown body also re-awakens sensations, emotions, and involuntary reactions, that have long gone been missing from Man.

Rather good.

Re: Recent Reading
Posted by: Sawfish (IP Logged)
Date: 29 December, 2021 07:49PM
Wow! This does sound good.

Can you name the collection it is in, so I can try to find it?

--Sawfish

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The food at the new restaurant is awful, but at least the portions are large."

Posted by: Knygatin (IP Logged)
Date: 29 December, 2021 11:17PM
Hi! The Battle of Forever is a novel.

[www.isfdb.org]

Posted by: Sawfish (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2021 08:56AM
Thanks!

--Sawfish

"The food at the new restaurant is awful, but at least the portions are large."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page