Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Future generations will not care for CAS
Posted by: ethnic purity (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2023 04:50PM
His fiction will be seen as bourgeoisie and worst of all, white. Future generations will be completely Africanised, if not entirely through their hereditary then by the pervasiveness of Afrocentrism which has encroached itself (like some individuated superorganism) upon every aspect of the cultural milieu. For example H. P Lovecraft, whose entire oeuvre can be read as one long screed against miscegenation has already been subsumed into the Afro-Asiatic gestalt (such is the price of being a pop culture icon). I've seen clips from turgid modern televisual adaptations, allegedly Lovecraftian and gone are the genteel protagonists, replaced with thugs and their white female chaperones. Thankfully Clark A. Smith is too obscure and refined for crude modern audiences but there might be young white women (of every political hue) somewhere, who have heard of him and have the industry to greenlight televisual husks purporting to be inspired by Clark A. Smith, featuring heroic African testosterone and reversing the ennui at the core of Clark A. Smith's stories into bizarre and ham-fisted commentaries on colonialism or white patriarchal society. Clark A. Smith will be forgotten but isn't that surely better than the perverse transubstantiation of his work into a different order of life which the entire human species (so-called) is currently undergoing?

Edited 19 time(s). Last edit at 21 Oct 23 | 05:33PM by ethnic purity.

Re: Future generations will not care for CAS
Date: 12 April, 2024 09:47PM
I agree, better Clark Ashton Smith is left to the few who can appreciate his themes and aureate language, to use a term which has been used to describe purple (but not to be avoided as Horace advised) highly wrought poetry. I wouldn't even want to watch an adaptation of Smiths work. I'm not a fan of cinema at all, which strikes me as cheap, contrived, and meretricious. An adaptation attempting to be "inclusive" or "diverse" would merely be a profanation of the poetic art which is Smiths work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page