Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Glaaki and Y'golonac
Posted by: rutledge_442 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2006 05:13PM
I know that 'The Inhabitant of the Lake' is a book, but does anyone have any short stories about Glaaki or Y'golonac such as "Cold Print?"

Re: Glaaki and Y'golonac
Posted by: Glyptodont (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2006 09:00AM
The full title of the book is "The Inhabitant of the Lake and Less Welcome Tenants." At least, as I remember it. Published by Arkham House.

I found it on Amazon used books, but at a high price. Apparently it is a collectable. It is also in the collection "Cold Print" -- or so I'm told on this forum.

I got IotL via interlibrary loan. I had to wait about 2-3 weeks for it to arrive.

This may be a tool of value to posters at this forum, since a lot of old mythos fiction can be obtained this way. The local public library staff will search to see if they can locate a copy, and they will take care of all the paperwork for you. No charge.

Posted by: voleboy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2006 05:09PM
The later collections (there are two eds under the same title) of Campbell's Cold Print should have the stories that you want. You may also like to try out the Chaosium anthology; I think it was called Made in Goatswood, or something similar, from memory.

Posted by: Glyptodont (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2006 01:53PM
The editor Robert M. Price discusses this in the intro to his book of stories, "The New Lovecraft Circle."

Not all the stories in "Inhabitant of the Lake ..." were included in Cold Print. Some of them were, yes.

Price reprints one story from "Inhabitant" that was omitted from Cold Print.

It's too bad "Inhabitant" has not been reprinted as it first appeared. It only exists in the original Arkham House edition at collectable prices.

Posted by: garymorris (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2006 03:31PM
Hi rutledge_442,

Glyptodont's suggestion of using interlibrary loan seems perfect for you. It gives you access to everything at no cost whatsoever. I even got a copy of Leah Bodine Drake's ultra-rare Arkham poetry collection A Hornbook for Witches through ILL. If you use this service, which is simple and available at every public library, you can try out Bierce, Ramsey Campbell, Lovecraft, Smith etc. -- anything that might be of interest without having to overspend on rarities like Inhabitant of the Lake etc that might disappoint. Try it.

Best, Gary Morris

Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 23 October, 2006 03:30PM
Glyptodont Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The editor Robert M. Price discusses this in the
> intro to his book of stories, "The New Lovecraft
> Circle."
>
> Not all the stories in "Inhabitant of the Lake
> ..." were included in Cold Print. Some of them
> were, yes.
>
> Price reprints one story from "Inhabitant" that
> was omitted from Cold Print.
>

Note Voleboy's reference to "two eds" of COLD PRINT. Also note that Price in his introduction refers to the Scream Press collection. The Headline collection has all of the stories included in THE INHABITANT OF THE LAKE. See [www.locusmag.com] : "Collection of 21 horror stories related to the Cthulhu Mythos, first published in an abridged form by Scream/Press in 1985. This edition adds a further six stories, and now contains the entirety of Campbell’s first book, The Inhabitant of the Lake and Less Welcome Tenants (Arkham House 1964)". It has "The Plain of Sound", which Price singles out specifically as having been vut from the Scream Press edition.

Date: 2 November, 2006 06:52AM
thank you for your help everyone!

Date: 2 November, 2006 07:01AM
garymorris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi rutledge_442,
>
> Glyptodont's suggestion of using interlibrary loan
> seems perfect for you. It gives you access to
> everything at no cost whatsoever. I even got a
> copy of Leah Bodine Drake's ultra-rare Arkham
> poetry collection A Hornbook for Witches through
> ILL. If you use this service, which is simple and
> available at every public library, you can try out
> Bierce, Ramsey Campbell, Lovecraft, Smith etc. --
> anything that might be of interest without having
> to overspend on rarities like Inhabitant of the
> Lake etc that might disappoint. Try it.
>
> Best, Gary Morris

i will be sure to try it, how does the process work?
but i will deffinately go to my library when i get a little more info on it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page