Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Emperor of Dreams - The Collection
Posted by: Anonymous User (IP Logged)
Date: 7 December, 2002 10:58PM
Hi Folks,

I recentely discovered the fantastic prose fiction by CAS and I'm completely astonished with his barroque style and masterful use of language.
I'd like to get some personal opinions about the short story collection Emperor of Dreams ( selections, quality of paper, omissions, comentaries about the best and wrost stories etc.)

Sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance

Ramon Bacelar - Brazil

Re: Emperor of Dreams - The Collection
Posted by: Anonymous User (IP Logged)
Date: 21 December, 2002 06:11AM
Hello!
(By the way, I'm new person here, I come from Poland and I'm horror fan, esp. Cthulhu mythos and HPL)
I've also recently bought this collection. I haven't read all the stories but so far I'm very satisfied (and the price!it's good value for money! So I don't care for paper:-D
Well, my favourites are the ones connected with the Cthulhu mythos (but not only). I liked, e.g. "Genius Loci" (well, not exactly Mythos story), "The Ninth Skeleton", "The Hunters from Beyond", "The Coming of the White Worm"....Anyway, his imagination and style are incredible! And his choice of vocabulary! I must say that sometimes it's quite difficult (for non-English speaker) to read such imaginative and lexically complicated prose - but what a great pleasure!

Re: Emperor of Dreams - The Collection
Posted by: Dr. W.C. Farmer (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2003 08:14PM
Welcome to the writings of CAS. To help you with
your English, you might log on to lexfiles.com and
examine the "fourteen words" section - mastery of
this will give you access to over 140,000 english
words. The site is owned by a retired teacher
to our american military living in Germany.
Dr. Farmer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page