Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Something else
Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 26 July, 2007 08:26PM
Thinking about "Shadows Seen and Unseen" reminds me that there are still a few people alive today who knew Clark: our own Dr. Farmer, Rah Hoffman, and some others here in Auburn and elsewhere. It occurs to me that the time is ripe for some enterprising CAS fan with a background in A-V to record them on video so that we can use these for any future documentary on Clark. If there are any such reading this who live within a reasonable distance of Northern California, please contact me and let's see what we can set up.
Best,
Scott

Re: Something else
Posted by: Ghoti23 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 July, 2007 01:55PM
An excellent idea.

Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 27 July, 2007 07:33PM
However brief the meetings were, Don Fryer should be included - an interesting and expedient (and fun) way to communicate our presence has recently come to my attention. Some of you more advanced computer fold probably already are familiar with "Skype.com". I recently enrolled since I have a good friend in Fribourg at school, and my daughter will be at Oxford this fall. This is a free program that only requires a microphone and speakers and a small webcam to communicate face to face. I have been helping my friend in Fribourg with his German and we are able to converse at great length, and the picture is very good. He is in a little suburb of about 200 people and was able to move the camera so I could see the countryside quite clearly through his window. There is a tiny delay between picture and conversation, but not significant. Land line and mobile phones may also be called with a small charge - no visuals of course. I am looking forward to getting my other children and grandchildren on this program. Conference calls up to 4 (I think) are possible - wouldn't it be fun to get Philippe and Phillip - France and Australia on to visit at the same time with others. I would love to be able to attach a face to you folks. If you sign up for this (again free) - my address on the system is Calonlan68

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 27 July, 2007 09:25PM
Well of course Don would be included in any documentary about CAS! We might even let him use the lute and purple cape.... :-)

Scott

Posted by: ArkhamMaid (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2007 02:19PM
Sounds like an interesting project, if I can get someone in my college interested in it...

We have seen the darkness
Where charnel things decay,
Where atom moves with atom
In shining swift array,
Like ordered constellations
On some sidereal way.
--from Nyctalops

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page