Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Lost Worlds issue 5 turned in
Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 6 April, 2008 11:22PM
I am happy to announce that issue 5 is now at the publisher, after repeated and extensive proofreading to make sure that nothing creeps in from beyond the rim. Highlights include:

--"'A Thoroughly Modern Disdain:' The Materialist's Descent into Hell in 'The Seven Geases'" by Geoffrey R. Reiter;
--an account of a visit with CAS at his cabin by Sam Sackett;
--close readings of poems by Carl Jay Buchanan and Phillip A. Ellis;
--"'Lord of the sultry, red parterres:' Botanic Horror According to Clark Ashton Smith" by Phillip Gindre;

plus reviews by Jim Rockhill, Brian Stableford, and Don Herron, plus material by Ron Hilger and myself, as well as some unpublished CAS poems and artwork (including a full color painting on the cover). The issue runs to 50 pages plus covers. Unfortunately, Seele-Brennt's website was hacked into and is down, and Nick Curtis hasn't been able to get it back up or set up a new one. Watch this space for news on price and availability.

Issue six should (*cough*) be out sometime this summer. Beginning with this issue, Jason van Hollander will be joining Ron and me. He will bring his consider skills as an artist and designer to the magazine, helping us to achieve the highest standard possible in both aesthetics as well as scholarship.

And don't forget, please write in with letters of comment so we know what you would like to see.

Future issues will contain an unreprinted collaboration between Smith and E. Hoffmann Price, which has only appeared previously in one of the "Spicy" pulps (under Price's byline alone). We also have some excellent essays by Jean Marigny, John Haefele and others.

Scott Connors

Re: Lost Worlds issue 5 turned in
Posted by: ArkhamMaid (IP Logged)
Date: 9 April, 2008 11:29AM
The Reiter article looks particularly interesting. Thanks for posting this; I'll have to see if I can manage to get a copy once it's available.

Re: Lost Worlds issue 5 turned in
Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2008 04:16PM
I've already placed a preorder with my friendly not-so-local bookdealer Gavin Smith. :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page