Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Clark Ashton Smith Archive H.P. Lovecraft Genevieve Sully
Posted by: ebailey (IP Logged)
Date: 16 June, 2008 11:18AM
Wonderful estate sale find recently. Looking at some of the sites I found on CAS I am looking to sell an entire collection of Genevieve Sully's personal archive. Looking for some thoughts on the best place to sell or auction the collection. I want to keep it intact. Includes, The Star Treader in a unique blue cover embossed with boxed lines and glued paper labels. 1912, A.M. Robertson, San Francisco. Signed CAS. Genivieve's name on inside cover on glued in book sticker. Copy of Ebony and Crystal, Signed CAS, number 310 of 500, Genivieve's glued book sticker signed by her in the front cover. Copy of Sandalwood, Signed CAS number 40 of 250, Dedicated For M from C on first page. Dedication in French "Sachet tojour frais qui pafume, L'atmophere dun cher riduit, En censoir ou blie' vie furne En secret a' travero lamuit. As best I can make out. These are all hand corrected by CAS. Some in ink an some in pencil. Copy of The Evanescent City George Sterling and Francis Bruguiere. Signed in the front Clark Ashton Smith but I think this is George Sterling's handwriting. A.M. Robertson San Francisco 1915. It contains a small poem inside I belive it is CAS's titled, A Sea Shell written on two small scraps of paper. Copy of the Overland Monthly December 1926, Signed CAS on front cover, Some doodling. Hand corrections on Rhymes and Reactions By George Sterling where Mr.Tweman was crossed out and Loveman was written in it's place. Copy of the Overland Monthly, 1927 December Dedication to George Sterling, Sculptural and Mural Paintings book from The Panama-Pacific Exposition in San Francisco 1915, Signed CAS on the inside cover. Exibition of Paintings and Sculpture book from Grand Central Art Galleries June 27th 1924, Year Book, Signed CAS on inside front cover. A Primer of Modern Art, book Copyright 1924 by Boni and Liverpool, Dedicated in front To Keet with love Mand and Sheldon. Second Dedication below, To Clark Ashton Smith with high regard and good wishes of all of us. December, 17 1926. The Utmost Island by Henry Myers, 1951. Dedication in front reads, Dear Genevieve, I hope this book won't be too Hyperborean. The best of holiday Wishes. As ever, Clark. Mr. Whistler's Ten o'clock, 1916, Thomas Bird Mosher. Signed in upper right Samuel Loveman, Oct.28,1919. Cleveland Ohio. This one has two dedications in it. A long verse written by Samuel Loveman by William Blake and signed, For Clark from his friend S.L. Clark rededicates it, For Genevieve, From Clark, St. Valentine's Day 1943. Signed return Envelope CAS from Avalon National poetry shrine with return pamphlet letter inside. Two original photos. One I belive is with Samuel Loveman not sure and one of him holding a child. Clipping from the Overland Monthly The Envoys written By Clark Ashton Smith and another clipping written by another paper either the Sacramento Bee or the San Francisco Examiner about Clark along with 7 other newspaper clippings from the Auburn Journal and Sacramento Bee of Clark's Poems etc. A copy of the Emperor of Dreams dedicated to Genevieve Sully reads, For Genevieve K. Sully, in gratitude and in memoriam this copy is to be given to her daughters Marion and Helen with appreciation and affection. Donald Sidney Fryer, 24th July 1978. Also in the archive is an original manuscript of Atlantean, Songs and Sonnets, dedicated on the inside cover, for one of the few great ladies it is my delight to know. For Genevieve K. Sully with admiration and affection of Donald S. Fryer, August 12, 1966. for Genevieve, from Donald, with love, these first almost forty of the 70 poems of my "Songs and Sonnnets Atlantean" herein a new form, The Spencerian stanza-sonnet doth make it's official debut! It is an amazing collection. Trying to get an idea of value on the collection. I will be putting it up for sale soon.

Re: Clark Ashton Smith Archive H.P. Lovecraft Genevieve Sully
Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2008 11:54PM
If you're in the Auburn area (is that you Jan?), please contact me off line and I'll be happy to assist in any way. Thanks!

Scott Connors

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page