Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
The B&N HPL / CAS running last
Posted by: J. B. Post (IP Logged)
Date: 23 December, 2008 10:18AM
Last time I logged on to the Barnes & Noble website, the HPL collection of fiction was listed as unavailable. Our local store had three copies on the shelf. I jokingly called this "the poor man's OUTSIDER" because of the large amount of stories, but this first printing of the B&N volume may become a prized collector's item. Let us hope B&N has the printer in China run off another batch.

HPL and REH have had many editions of their works made available in the last few years. Even C. L. Moore has had the Northwest Smith and the Jirel tales reprinted. While CAS has been reprinted, the volumes never seem to be on bookstore shelves like the others noted. While popular taste may always be suspect, it would be nice for him to get a wider recognition. How do we get some of his tales translated to the screen, big or little? There have been some adaptations, but the general public doesn't realize they weere of Smith's work.

And who would play the roles? This is always a popular game. Back to Northwest Smith, maybe Daniel Craig would work - except he wouldn't lower himself to the role.

JBP

Re: The B&N HPL / CAS running last
Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 23 December, 2008 04:54PM
J. B. Post Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Last time I logged on to the Barnes & Noble
> website, the HPL collection of fiction was listed
> as unavailable. Our local store had three copies
> on the shelf. I jokingly called this "the poor
> man's OUTSIDER" because of the large amount of
> stories, but this first printing of the B&N volume
> may become a prized collector's item. Let us hope
> B&N has the printer in China run off another
> batch.

I had an e-mail exchange with Stefan Dziemianowicz, the editor at B&N, who said that there's a very good chance that there will be a new printing -- apparently, the HPL volume has been one of their greatest hits this fall. But let's hope that they don't reprint it before I've delivered my errata -- you wouldn't believe the number of typos in this book. I'm slowly posting it online in another forum; check out [www.sffchronicles.co.uk]

Yrs
Martin

Posted by: The English Assassin (IP Logged)
Date: 23 December, 2008 06:10PM
Phew... I'm glad I ordered mine as soon as i saw it was out!

Posted by: Gavin Callaghan (IP Logged)
Date: 24 December, 2008 05:28PM
Will there ever be a cheap edition of Count Stenbock's poems, I wonder? I could never afford the Durtro version, and I'm curious as to what the poetry is like.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page