Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
amazing, amazing, amazing show!
Posted by: losttvseries (IP Logged)
Date: 4 March, 2009 12:20AM
i am by no means a fan of gory, bloody movies and such. what i do like is scare the pants off you, look behind your shoulder and jump at every little creak horror and suspense. Supernatural definately fits the bill. jenson and jared are totally HOT as well. take the X-files, pump it by 500%, add a family of totally hot demon hunters, lots of chills and thrills and absolutely wonderful and witty writing and there you have it. this show is scary without being over the top gory. and i love the interaction between brothres dean and sam. their lines are written so they seem loke real brothers, the things they come off with just kill me some times(lol). and it's just not same unless you're watching it at night with all the lights off. definately adds to the overall creepiness of most of the eps. Supernatural pulled me away from CSI, that's how original and exiting i feel it is. haven't missed a new ep yet. i started tuning in s3, it's not too hard to catch up, even though most of the series is tied together.

Re: amazing, amazing, amazing show!
Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 15 March, 2009 05:28PM
I'm a bit uncertain about your subject - is there a series called "Supernatural"? I have never heard of it or seen it listed on my dish network programming - sounds like it's worth a look, but send a really specific note would you please - network, titles, actors maybe, - I personally never particularly got excited about CSI, though "Special Victims Unit" and "Criminal Intent" have had some very good scripts (besides, the Hargitay girl is a very interesting actress - daughter of Mickey Hargitay, a highly inept Tarzan from ages past.) - Your enthusiasm is contagious, just like to know more specifically what it's about and where it may be found - Thanks

Posted by: Kyberean (IP Logged)
Date: 15 March, 2009 08:23PM
Quote:
daughter of Mickey Hargitay, a highly inept Tarzan from ages past.)

Not only that, but Mickey was the star of a bizarre 1960's Italian horror film entitled Bloody Pit of Horror. And, of course, his then-wife and Mariska's mother was the zaftig sex-pot Jayne Mansfield, who attempted to revive her moribund career by hobnobbing (as a publicity stunt) with Anton Szandor LaVey. LaVey, of course, was the founder of the Church of Satan, who also appears in a photo with our very own CAS!

Posted by: Knygatin (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2009 01:36AM
Everyone may already know this, but just in case... when letters glow blue or another color, like in "Supernatural" above, it is a link that you can click on and be directed to another page.

Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2009 11:25AM
you will recall that Jayne lost her head in a dreadful accident many years ago in a cadillac convertible.

Re CAS and LaVey - I have written on this elsewhere - and indeed LaVey sought out a meeting with Clark, and Clark let them take his picture - but summed Anton up in conversation with me some years later - phoney! dilletante, opportunist - Clark understood clearly from his wide study that, unlike the Zoroastrian concept, Darkness is not the opposite of Light, but the absence of light - Satan is not the opposite of God, but of Gabriel -

Posted by: Kyberean (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2009 06:20PM
Yes, LaVey claimed that he may have caused Jayne's mishap because of a curse he is supposed to have laid upon her boyfriend, with whom she was driving at the time!

Anyway, of course, LaVey's understanding of the Satanic concept is superficial and self-interested. Since you mentioned Hargitay, though, I thought it would be amusing to bring the reference back around to CAS, via the "x" degrees of separation. I certainly was not implying a serious affinity between CAS and LaVey. The latter had his moments as a social critic, though; I'll give him his due. There are some acerbic and witty essays in LaVey's Devil's Notebook.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page