Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Eldritch, Blasphemous, Forbidden, and Unspeakable
Posted by: Gavin Callaghan (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2009 06:42PM

Re: Eldritch, Blasphemous, Forbidden, and Unspeakable
Posted by: Knygatin (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2009 03:55AM
Indeed.

"The structures that have been discovered so far are all located off the coast of Okinawa and various islands of the Ryukyu Island.

The most spectacular is one located off the coast of Yonaguni Island, and has been hailed as the world's oldest building, taking the form of a stone ziggurat dating back to 8000 B.C.

It is an asymmetrical structure with what appears to be titanic stone steps exposed on its southern face. These steps range from less than half a meter to several meters in height."

R'lyeh?

Date: 12 April, 2009 03:20PM
Has Atlantis been found? Map.

Date: 12 April, 2009 04:04PM
Kids in General Guemes in the mountains of Argentina spotted a gnome (link) with mobile phone camera. One of them got so scared, that he had to be taken to the hospital. The whole town, including the major and police, are involved in trying to solve the mystery. 90% of the population (link) in General Guemes believe in gnomes, and there have been reported gnome sightings for several decades.

Posted by: Kyberean (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2009 06:57PM
Nothing to do with this thread, but has there been a large data loss, or a wholesale deletion of posts, in this forum during the past couple of days? Large numbers of posts from recent days have mysteriously vanished. The work of gnomes, perhaps?

Posted by: Jojo Lapin X (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2009 07:01PM
Actually they went, and then came back, and then went again.

Posted by: Boyd (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2009 11:18PM
The site has moved from one machine to another at the hosting company, this has caused issues, i was going to close the forum while things changed but that would be no fun. Give it a few days, then repost missing posts if you like.

Posted by: David Kartas (IP Logged)
Date: 13 April, 2009 10:04AM
Moves never are good .

Posted by: Eldritch Frog (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2009 02:05PM
Cool pics! I think I saw a show about this on either History or Discovery a few years ago!

Date: 3 June, 2010 01:19AM
This incredibly nasty nightmare from Guatemala city is worth the attention of Klarkashtonian/Lovecraftian students.

Very creepy. No cracks... just a round hole with smooth sides. Swallowed houses and people. Fortunately the school building in the middle of the site was empty at the time. Notice some 100 meters deep down, where the walls suddenly end into a black hole.

pic: http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/6/1/1275352392107/guatemala-city-sinkhole-006.jpg

Posted by: The English Assassin (IP Logged)
Date: 3 June, 2010 04:57AM
I think Graham Handcock covered these structures on one of his later documentaries, by which time he had massively watered down some of his pseudo-science theories. Amazing pictures though!

Date: 4 June, 2010 06:11PM
The English Assassin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think Graham Handcock covered these structures
> on one of his later documentaries, by which time
> he had massively watered down some of his
> pseudo-science theories.

I think that black void, seen below the perpendicular wall, is the Abyss. There is no "up" or "down" there... only madness.

The City of Destruction
by Clark Ashton Smith
{Prose version of "The City of Destruction", after Smith's unfinished poem of that name; fragment.}

I
The city is surrounded with ramparts like a mountain-range — walls of such magnitude that it seems no power save that of an earthquake could have heaved them into place; and is rent with the chasms of tremendous streets, in which the winds of chaos lose themselves. The scope of spheral roof and walls subverts the wandering air; and the unstarred zenith is hung with the [black and] swollen menace of its mighty domes. Eternity is citadeled within its walls that fortify the very gulfs — infernal walls on which the watchfires are like a crown of fallen stars. The groaning planes of the nadir are oppressed by the burden of the city's multitudinous crags and pinnacles, and are shaken momently by the earthquake-begetting labor of the tempest-imprisoning machineries of doom, and of engines in whose vitals the four elements are allied in a brotherhood of toil tremendous to the foundations of the suns — a labor that makes the planets pale. The palpitation of the city's death-laden pulse penetrates with obscure tremors the blind and deaf spaces of the nether skies, unexplored by the traveling ray of a star....

A Dream of the Abyss
by Clark Ashton Smith

I seemed at the sheer end:
Albeit mine eyes, in mystery and night
Shrouded as with the close deep caul of death,
Or as if underneath Lethean lentors drowned,
Saw never lamp nor star nor dead star's wraith of light
Yet seemed I at the world's sheer end;
And fearfully and slowly I drew breath
From silent gulfs of all uncertainty and dread,
Precipitate to nadir from around;
Nor trusted I on any side to tread
One pace, lest I should overstep the brink,
And infinitely and forever sink
Past eye-shot of the Cyclopean sun
When from the bulwark of the world, adown oblivion,
He on the morrow should stare after me.

Swift from infinity,
The enormous Fear that lives between the stars
Clutched with the cold great darkness at my heart;
Then from the gulf arose a whispering,
And rustle as of silence on the wing
To stay and stand
Anear at my right hand:
What powers abysmal, born of the blind air,
What nameless demons of the nether deep
That 'scape the sun and from the moonlight live apart,
Came and conspired against me there,
I heard not, ere the whispering
Ceased, and a heavier darkness seemed to spring
Upon me, and I felt the silence leap
And clasp me closer, and the sweep
Of ah the abyss reach up and drag
Body and feet from the crumbling uttermost crag
To the emptiness unknown;
Nor knew I, plunging through those nadir firmaments,
If Azrael or Abbadon bore me thence,
Or if I fell alone.

Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 7 June, 2010 01:16PM
Yonaguni has indeed been on the discovery program a number of times - It is very like many rocks still on dry land - it is remarkable, but at this point geologists are in strong consensus on natural as opposed to man-made -

As to Atlantis - There are two serious candidates -- The Azores, considered because they are mountain tops, and an early Spanish visitor left a letter describing a dual kingship form of government very like that found in Plato -
my personal preference is Santorini - Everything we know (which is very little) about the Minoan civilization fits with a legend that was hundreds of years old by the time of Plato - Time and distance were thought of very differently from today in ancient times - The only ringer in that is Plato's mention of the "Pillars of Hercules" which some have argued (weakly in my judgment) were not at Gibralter in ancient times - I doubt this very much -
mainly because trade with Ireland through these straits was active in the very early Pharaonic period - tin and Copper.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page