Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Then and now
Posted by: OConnor,CD (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2009 09:42PM
We are all familiar with the members in the Lovecraft circle. And it is normal that in times endless progression we all change. Some flee from the weird fiction writing circle to another field which excites them; me,though I may be the only one who likes to entertain the illusion that he is in this field, I hope to still write till my dying day because I love it. But it occurred to me that Klarkash-Ton had changed a bit when he married(?). The same goes for Frank Belknap Long. I wonder what good old "Grandpa Theobald" would think of Klarkash-Ton and "Little Sonny/Belknapius" getting married. It is logical to presume that he'd be happy for his friends.

Now with August Derleth and Donald Wandrei my wonder increases. With all that Derleth and Wandrei did to walk over people in order to print Lovecraft and build Arkham House,I wonder if Lovecraft would have given the both of them a good square kick in the pants. Especially with the fallout between Klark-Ashton and R.H. Barlow. Annie Gamwell, Lovecraft's Aunt, was upset by all of this and just wished that "Everyone could get along nicely". I am sure if H.P.L were alive to witness these events he'd be VERY upset.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page