Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Audio Realms CAS set
Posted by: wilum pugmire (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2010 06:03PM
Audio Realms, who have recorded six sets for their The Dark Worlds of H. P. Lovecraft series, have now recorded some tales by Clark Ashton Smith. Here's the info from their site:
THE DOUBLE SHADOW BY CLARK ASHTON SMITH - 3 CD Set
Price: $19.46
Clark Ashton Smith -- one of the "big three" classic authors from the legendary pulp magazine Weird Tales (the others being H. P. Lovecraft and Robert E. Howard)
"The Double Shadow" was originally published by the Auburn Journal in 1933 in an oversized edition limited to only 1,000 copies. Smith carefully signed and hand-corrected many typographical errors for years to come. A collection of six stories ranging from contemporary horror to weird alternate-world fantasy, it remains a fascinating introduction and showcase to his decadently jeweled prose.
Included are six stories: "The Voyage of King Euvoran," "The Maze of the Enchanter," "The Double Shadow," "A Night in Main Taut," "The Devotee of Evil," and "The Willow Landscape."

Three Hours
Read by Steve Cooper

I guess the price listed at Audio Realms is a discount of the regular $25.95 price. For more information and to order:
[www.audiorealms.com]

"I'm a little girl."
--H. P. Lovecraft, Esq.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 21 Feb 10 | 06:05PM by wilum pugmire.

Re: Audio Realms CAS set
Posted by: Ken K. (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2010 07:45PM
Isn't the title "A Night In Malneant"? (Sorry, I forgot the accent mark on the 'e'!)

Date: 22 February, 2010 07:51PM
I think it must be -- I was copying from the print out. I've not heard of Steve Cooper, but the Lovecraft readings by Wayne June are so good that I am hopeful! I've ordered it and will give my impressions when it arrives.

Posted by: Eldritch Frog (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2010 11:58AM
I have the 1st HPL audiobook from Audiorealms. And yes, it was a great audiobook. I bought mine in 2007 and just noticed they really ruined the cover-art. The current versions have atrocious artwork.

Here is what the version I have looks like...

[ecx.images-amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25 Feb 10 | 12:02PM by Eldritch Frog.

Date: 9 April, 2010 12:42AM
I just got my copy of the audio edition of THE DOUBLE SHADOW, and I am extremely impress'd! CAS really comes across well in the audio form, his rich language and poetic prose lends itself so well, and this reader is superb. Highly recommended.

"I'm a little girl."
--H. P. Lovecraft, Esq.

Posted by: Doc Stacks (IP Logged)
Date: 14 July, 2010 10:12PM
Sounds promising. Thanks for directing me to yet another place to spend my money.

Posted by: Doc Stacks (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2010 11:04AM
I just listened to some of the available samples of the Lovecraft readings and found the narration a bit too "enhanced" for my taste. Too canned, if you will. I would prefer something with more soul and less digital tampering. Perhaps the CAS readings (done by another narrator) are better, but, unfortunately, there are no samples of these.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page