Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Allison Harding
Posted by: mikehunchback (IP Logged)
Date: 18 July, 2010 10:30AM
I mentioned this once a while back, but perhaps now there's some new folks here that weren't aware of that old post.

Does anyone have any information on Weird Tales author Allison Harding at all?

In the 'history books' she (he?) gets a bad wrap among the WT set, but I think here 50's fiction is quite enjoyable.

Re: Allison Harding
Posted by: Ken K. (IP Logged)
Date: 20 July, 2010 03:26PM
It would be nice if Wordsworth Editions could put out an inexpensive paperback collection of Harding's stories. It's sad when an author is unavailable to readers who would enjoy her work.

Posted by: mikehunchback (IP Logged)
Date: 21 July, 2010 10:15AM
I've even had the idea to publish a very limited hardcover collection myself (not that I normally do such things). But if one were to use some proper art it would be a handsome volume for WT fans at the very least.

Trouble is, no one seems to know anything about her. I heard (perhaps here actually) that Allison Harding was a pseudonym for a Jean Milligan, a NY lawyer. Nothing turns up on Milligan either.

Posted by: The English Assassin (IP Logged)
Date: 1 August, 2010 01:39PM
Is any of her fiction online for us to have a gander at? Or failing that is she to be found in any anthologies?

Posted by: Ken K. (IP Logged)
Date: 2 August, 2010 08:30PM
One of her stories, The Little Red Owl, is in Peter Haining's mid-70's Weird Tales anthology (from Sphere Books, if memory serves me correctly). That's the only story of hers I've encountered. It's very much in the Fredric Brown/Anthony Boucher urbane-but-nasty style of modern fantasy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page