Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Eldritch horror inspired student film.
Posted by: Evil Iggy (IP Logged)
Date: 5 December, 2010 04:13PM
Earlier this semester I was tasked with creating a silent, black and white film as an exercise in camera angles, shot types, and their appropriate use.

I decided that I would make a quick vignette based on the concept of eldritch horror.

This was the result of that assignment.

It's only 3½ minutes long; short, creepy, and to-the-point.

Re: Eldritch horror inspired student film.
Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 5 December, 2010 05:54PM
Interesting work - I am curious that you did not have the door locked - fine camera work - keep it up -

Posted by: Evil Iggy (IP Logged)
Date: 5 December, 2010 11:03PM
calonlan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting work - I am curious that you did not have the door locked - fine camera work - keep it up -

To be honest, the door handle was actually broken. The handle had either become unusable and had been removed, or it broke outright and was left in a dismantled state. Either way, I simply placed the door handle on one side back into the door and used it as it was. If you look closely at the door as it swings open, you can see that there is no latching mechanism, just the empty wooden frame. The bit sticking out on the other side is simply the connecting mechanism meant to go into the other piece of the handle. If it had been a complete handle, I would possibly have shown a shot of the handle being manipulated from the other side, but that wasn't possible with only half of a handle.

Oh well, we do what we can with what we have. I was just lucky to find an unused basement rec-room at one of the dormitories at Bowie.

Posted by: calonlan (IP Logged)
Date: 6 December, 2010 02:17PM
I totally applaud making do with what you've got - I taught a drama class one year for a prof friend on Sabbatical, and with 60 students we did 5 plays - we did JB on the roof where a circular staircase served well, we used the cafeteria which had a small dais at one end and some face plants large enough to serve as a tree for an Albee play, and so on - right now I am working on a one man show called "Damien" (about the leper Priest of Molokai - great show), and am using wooden pallets with plywood on them and a steel ramp to provide the necessary space in front of the chancel of a small RC church (altar is one of the props) - great fun -

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page