Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous1234567AllNext
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Tales Of India And Irony
Posted by: jdworth (IP Logged)
Date: 7 February, 2012 10:33AM
Just as an update: I called them last week, and was told that they were trying to get the last of the subscribers' copies out by the weekend. Whether they were able to or not, I do not know, but from what they said, they should all be out at least by now....

Posted by: jdworth (IP Logged)
Date: 7 February, 2012 02:47PM
Update: Mine came today; just got back from my early shift at work, and it was waiting on the doorstep.

And a clarification: when I called, I did not give my name; only stated that I was one who had subscribed, and asked if they had been sent out. So -- barring their checking the caller ID and responding by sending the package immediately -- I don't think this is a case of "the squeaky wheel"....

(Meaning: they do seem to be getting them out, and others should receive theirs soon.)

Posted by: asshurbanipal (IP Logged)
Date: 8 February, 2012 06:03AM
I hope so. I'm 60 next month and I was a mere child of 53 when I took out the subscription. I never dreamt my bus-pass would arrive before this series was complete.

Posted by: Jojo Lapin X (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2012 05:22AM
I have now received mine. This should probably mean that all subscribers now have their copies.

Posted by: Jojo Lapin X (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2012 08:43AM
I am not quite sure what Sidney-Fryer is driving at here (p 231; emphasis mine):

Quote:
It is probably safe to say that, if his very first complete sexual experience with a human female did not occur precisely when he was fifteen, then it must have happened sometime between his eleventh and fifteenth years.

Posted by: Fear Dunn (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2012 03:42PM
My copy has crossed the pond (I live in France). Glad to have at last the complete series.
Thanks to Scott and Ron for the excellent editorial work.
Fear Dunn

Date: 16 February, 2012 05:05AM
Day 2498
Batbint is with me at last (at least it beat the bus-pass). Fear Dunn is right to extend his thanks to Scott and Ron for all their work, a sentiment which I echo. However I still intend never to buy anything else from NSB.

Posted by: Avoosl Wuthoqquan (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2012 05:24AM
This (Dutch) subscriber is still bintless. I can't believe you beat me to it, Asshurbanipal. Seven years! Aargh!

Posted by: Avoosl Wuthoqquan (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2012 02:35PM
Batbint is here! Batbint is here! And February's not even out! Callooh, callay!

I am so-o-o glad to be able to finally put any and all thoughts of NSB behind me forever. I feel as if I am coming out of an abusive relationship...

Date: 17 February, 2012 06:12AM
Hello Avoosl Wuthoqquan
I'm glad your ordeal is over. Look's like you're the last turkey in the shop, but, as you say, it's time to move on...
NSB deserve ten out of ten for their vision of this definitive series of CAS (also William Hope Hodgson), but only one out of ten for effort and nothing at all for customer relations. They might be better off running a hot-dog stand. Signing off.

Posted by: PaulK (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2012 12:12PM
Still not arrived here...

Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2012 03:41PM
PaulK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Still not arrived here...

Same here, but as far as mail from the US is concerned, Sweden is the posterior of nowhere...

Posted by: Tantalus (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2012 10:58PM
It appears that the winner of the "He Who Got Their's Last" award has not yet been determined.

Posted by: PaulK (IP Logged)
Date: 2 March, 2012 11:28AM
My Bat Headed Bint finally turned up today, so I guess I'm not quite the last...

Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 2 March, 2012 01:36PM
PaulK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My Bat Headed Bint finally turned up today, so I
> guess I'm not quite the last...

No, that'd be me. Next week, according to the latest estimate. ;)

Goto Page: Previous1234567AllNext
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page