Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Dictionary of archaic terms
Posted by: clore (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2008 12:51AM
The publisher will be Hippocampus, but I don't have any other details to give, except that this book will be huge.

I'll be sure to post here when it's available.

Posted by: Ken K. (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2009 06:04PM
I was cruising the Hippocampus Press website recently and was surprised and delighted to find a listing for Daniel Clore's long-awaited book Weird Words: a Lovecraftian Lexicon. In the words of Hippocampus:

The scholarly work of Daniel Clore is well known to Lovecraftians and weird fiction enthusiasts the world over. We are pleased to present the first gathering within covers of his philological endeavours. WEIRD WORDS is both a scholarly text with original discoveries, and, with its copious quotations, entertaining for the general reader.

This Cyclopean tome of recondite erudition contains dictionary-style entries giving eldritch etymologies and demoniac definitions of the outré words that pullulate in the teratologically fabulous diction of such fantaisistes as H.P. Lovecraft, Clark Ashton Smith, Robert E. Howard, and A. Merritt.

The price is $25.00 for a paperback of approx. 600 pages. It's scheduled for release this summer. I'm already salivating...

Posted by: clore (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2009 08:13PM
Awesome. I didn't know that they had finally announced the thing until I saw this message here.

Goto Page: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page