Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123456789AllNext
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: Pub dates for vols. 4 and 5 of the Nightshade series correct?
Posted by: Tantalus (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2009 04:38AM
Eldritch Frog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm curious, have any of you who subscribed
> directly with Nightshade four years ago received
> volume 4 yet? (I have not)

No I haven't either, and I'm also a subsciber, one of the first. I'm in San Jose, California and I usually am one of the first to get any of the volumes since I'm close to Night Shade Books in San Francisco.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11 Jul 09 | 04:43AM by Tantalus.

Posted by: deuce (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2009 08:24PM
That's good news. I haven't received my volume either. I recently changed addresses, so I'm now worried. I'm going to email Jason Williams right now. :-)

Posted by: jimrockhill2001 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2009 08:59PM
No sign of my copy yet.

Jim

Posted by: Kyberean (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2009 06:14PM
Ye impious fools! Wist ye not that the mighty ultra-terrene deity Amah-Zohn must always first receive propitiation?

Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2009 04:28AM
LOL! Yeah, I guess that's true. :)

Posted by: Jojo Lapin X (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2009 11:49AM
I want it now. It contains the largest number of my favorite stories of any of the volumes ("The Isle of the Torturers," "The Maze of the Enchanter," "The Dweller in the Gulf," "The Dark Eidolon," "The Charnel God"). This either says something about me, or about Smith.

Posted by: Eldritch Frog (IP Logged)
Date: 20 July, 2009 02:44PM
Got my copy!

Posted by: Dunwichsouth (IP Logged)
Date: 20 July, 2009 07:48PM
Hello,
Just thought I would finally log on after lurking for eons... I got my copy of Volume 4 at the beginning of the month from Amazon... Mind you, I have had it waiting in a queue forever and a day... I had the same luck with Hodgson Vol.5 from Amazon, I ordered and received a copy blindingly fast...
But to Night Shades credit... I have received orders directly from them very fast also, not to mention the great customer service. To this day I will leave a small offering at the alter of Night Shade for the kindness provided to me in my quest for a Karl Edward Wagner!

Posted by: Eldritch Frog (IP Logged)
Date: 23 July, 2009 01:41PM
Scott, is November reasonable for the last volume? Or are we realistically looking at next year?
----------------------
The Last Hieroglyph (The Collected Fantasies of Clark Ashton Smith, Vol. 5) (v. 5) (Hardcover)
by Clark Ashton Smith (Author)
Hardcover: 300 pages
Publisher: Night Shade Books (November 15, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1597800325
ISBN-13: 978-1597800327

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: The English Assassin (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2009 05:22AM
Got my copy of vol 4 yesterday. Looks great. Definitely has my favourite selection of CAS stories (of those I've read) in it so far.

Have to say this is my favourite cover too. Just a tad more colourful and vibrant than the others.

Nice one Night Shade people!

Posted by: wilum pugmire (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2009 02:35PM
Volume Four is outstanding. There is some debate over at THOMAS LIGOTTI ONLINE as to why "The Seven Geeses" was not included in this one, as it was compos'd during the time-frame. I REALLY hope Volume Five is actually publish'd this year -- I'll buy my copy from the lads themselves at their table in ye dealer's room.

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 27 July, 2009 11:12PM
We follow CAS' own chronology of his fiction in assigning the order of stories. Vol. 4 ends with "The Flower-Women," which was finished on March 31, 1933 and is ITEM 86 in the chronology. "The Seven Geases" is item 94, and was finished on October 1, 1933, so it falls into volume 4.

Scott

Posted by: Roger (IP Logged)
Date: 2 August, 2009 10:17AM
So.. I'm still awaiting Vol. 4 from Night Shade, something I ordered from them in advance. Are others of you still waiting, too?

Posted by: Martinus (IP Logged)
Date: 2 August, 2009 12:05PM
I'm still waiting too, as are most subscribers, from what I gather. As I understand it, vol. 4 was supposed to start shipping this week (check out the Night Shade forum). The delay is apparently a matter of bad timing -- lots of books being released more or less at the same time, coinciding with a big sale -- and shortage of people to handle the shipping.

Posted by: Roger (IP Logged)
Date: 2 August, 2009 02:20PM
Ah, thanks. I'm patient with such things, just wanted to make sure it wasn't lost in the mail. As long as I don't suffer alone, I'm happy. ;)

Goto Page: Previous123456789AllNext
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page